Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Load tapping, no power

Michael Caravaglia ยท 2020-09-25 08:58

only thing I can think of is I blew a connecting rod. How can I test for this? I started it up this morning and immediately noticed the load tap coming from the motor. Here we go again!

Replies7
  1. #1Coy Lancaster2020-09-25 10:49

    Pull you valve cove and check your rocker arms.

  2. #2Tinkerer2020-09-25 11:13

    You can hold a flexible rubber hose to your ear and use it like stethoscope to help pin point the source. I have often used a long screwdriver in the same manner.

  3. #3Michael Caravaglia2020-09-25 11:17

    It's definitely the connecting rod. Omg. Split the tractor again!

  4. #4Tinkerer2020-09-25 21:03

    I hope you don't have to replace the crankshaft . Are you sure the flywheel is still tight to the crankshaft ? After dealing with those sheared bolts I would be suspicious of it.

  5. #5Michael Caravaglia2020-09-26 07:06

    I believe the crank is fine. I'll be finding out soon enough.

  6. #6jimg9842020-09-26 18:21

    1.SOUNDS like rod broke and keep using 2. run with broken rod and caused fly wheel bolts to break 3. repaired fly wheel bolts, with rod still broken 4. still has broken rod when started back up 5. good luck on not a damaged crank 6. the above remarks are just my opition,, GOOD LUCK

  7. #7Michael Caravaglia2020-09-26 18:56

    Your assessment sounds quite reasonable. I'm going to pull the motor and open/ rebuild it all.