Hi all I would like to find out which loading patterns you are familiar with. I recently heard mention of T-loading, I-loading, bypass loading etc and I am not sure exactly what they refer to. I am familiar with V-loading, and I imagine T-loading is when a dump truck is parked parallel to the loading material and constantly moves in and out of the way of the loader. Can anyone provide some insight with regards to this? What other common loading patterns are there? Thanks!
This is probably one of those situations that depends on where you come from as to what any method is called and even then there maybe confusion as what to call it. The method that works best for me is the one here called the parallel dig pattern, working from right to left. I call it working forward across the face. The other method used a bit here is working left to right and it just seems backwards to me but it works for others. These pics came from a cat hand book pretty basic info but every little bit helps. :drinkup
Thanks for your reply, there is some handy info there indeed! Yea I do think the names are quite dependent on location. Is there anything you can imagine (or in your experience) which could be described as T-shape loading, I-shape loading, L- shape Loading or by pass loading?
Some of those patterns may refer to loading with an excavator. Bypass loading I would think is when the trucks travel alongside the excavator, get loaded, and drive straight through. "T" loading may be when they back straight in to the excavator 90 degrees from the cut. These are just guesses, and I have no idea about "I" or "L". Maybe someone can post up the similar pictures from the Cat book regarding excavators. I have seen it, but have no way to post it.