Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Loading the 200 on the new float for the first time

Canadian_digger ยท 2013-04-04 21:16

Got a new float yesterday to float our new to us 2012 200d

Replies18
  1. #1JDOFMEMI2013-04-04 21:33

    Dang, who parked your truck upside down?

  2. #2Canadian_digger2013-04-04 21:39

    Is one of the pictures upside down? They are both right side up on my screen.

  3. #3goel2013-04-04 21:43

    What part of Ontario are you from where you park the trucks upside down? First pic is sideways, second is upside down.

  4. #4Canadian_digger2013-04-04 22:00

    Not sure why they are not right side up??? From eastern Ontario How about yourself

  5. #5lake side bob2013-04-04 22:40

    What is the bed length on that trailer it looks very short, was it custom built to be that short?

  6. #6Canadian_digger2013-04-05 12:29

    Top deck is 10' main deck 26' and 5' beaver. I talked to the company building it that are the lengths we came up with to best suit my needs. It also has air ride suspension and air ramps.

  7. #701440X2013-04-06 22:15

    How many hours on the 200?

  8. #806Pete2013-04-06 22:47

    Nice trailer the only thing I would want is a slope to load the top deck or a set of ramps. What size tires and who made it?

  9. #9Canadian_digger2013-04-07 17:38

    About 815hrs

  10. #10Canadian_digger2013-04-07 17:40

    The only thing I really put on the top deck is buckets so having no slope is not a big deal for me. Trailer is made by Float King in Toronto Ont, it has 17.5 wheels

  11. #1106Pete2013-04-07 19:29

    Are the ramps spring or Hyd? I would like to be able to haul a roller, skid loader, and mini hoe or my 315 and 240 Takeuchi I think I could get them both under 80000# What is the light weight on your trailer? I have been looking at the Kaufman trailers built in North Carolinia but haven't been able to justify the cost for the amount of hauling I do seeing yours has me really thinging I need one sooner than later.

  12. #12Canadian_digger2013-04-07 20:46

    The ramp are air operated. They work really nice! I got sick of spring getting weak and breaking. I called Kaufman trailers when I was shopping around. They where the cheapest I found but would not build one with air ride or air ramps, and that was a deal breaker for me. I did not wan hyd ramps cause my truck does not have a wet kit What do you mean by light weight of my trailer? I don't think you will get under 80,000 with a 315 and your tak on the same load. I was just under that with my old tandem axle trailer and my 160.

  13. #1306Pete2013-04-07 21:37

    Empty weight, light weight same thing I was thinking that my tractor is 17,000# the 315 is 38,000 the Tak is 10,000 so that leaves 15,000 for the trailer. I know wishful thinking to be able to haul it all in one trip but it would be nice. How do the air ramps work what kind of linkage, how about ground clearence to unload over a curb or in soft ground without breaking something? Air sounds easer than hyd and probably lighter and way beter than the springs.

  14. #14Canadian_digger2013-04-07 21:47

    Trailer is around 14,500 The air ramps have a big air bag under the trailer. I don't think there is any danger of breaking anything. The only thing I could see is if you backed into something with the back of the trailer. There are two arms that come out the back and attach to ramps. I could take some pictures if you like.

  15. #15Canadian_digger2013-04-07 22:00

    Sorry I made a mistake I just double checked and you might be ok with that combo, my 160 on my old float was 68,500

  16. #1606Pete2013-04-07 22:01

    That would be good I went to their website and they dont show much other than side views. That sounds like a great system for the ramps air bags instead of a cylinder to bend or scratch. 14,500 is a very good weight on a tri axle. Is it 8'6" wide?

  17. #17Canadian_digger2013-04-07 22:05

    Yes 8'6"

  18. #18Canadian_digger2013-04-07 22:14

    Hope these are right side up. 160 on my old float king and 200 on the new float king.