Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Non-stick skid pads. Trying to avoid being bled.

emmett518 · 2023-09-27 16:20

My Deere 310L backhoe has non-skid pads on the storage boxes. They are getting kind of ratty, so I decided to get new ones. My Deere dealer wants $98 each, and I need four. That is not in the budget. Is there an effective solution that don’t break the bank? Thanks.

Replies6
  1. #1ahart2023-09-27 19:33

    This the kind of thing your hunting? https://www.amazon.com/Black-Diamond-Sheet-Grip-Tape/dp/B004UOKJN0/ref=asc_df_B004UOKJN0/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312154671095&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=17672350114664283637&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1017003&hvtargid=pla-449639598602&psc=1

  2. #2Welder Dave2023-09-28 01:10

    Deere wants a lot of money because they are made to size. You can buy them generic or in rolls like above. Another option is getting some paint the colour of the machine or black and mixing some sand with it in a paint tray and rolling or brushing it on. I helped build a pontoon raft like thing and that's what we did to provide slip protection.

  3. #3OzDozer2023-09-28 02:13

    A roll of 4" wide coarse grade emery cloth, fixed to the storage boxes with a weatherproof adhesive such as 3M type 8011, will work just fine - and this solution ensures you aren't paying for a new Caddy every 6 mths, for the JD CEO.

  4. #4cfherrman2023-09-28 07:27

    You can buy adhesive ones for pretty cheap

  5. #5emmett5182023-09-29 08:29

    Thanks!

  6. #6f311fr12023-09-29 17:32

    a roll of skate board non slip. self sticking. I use it on my CTL