I rebuilt the rear end on a JD 410g. After install it quickly became apparent that the Diff was locked. I will be tearing back into it first thing in the morning to try to find the problem. I have already determined it is not an external issue. But I would appreciate any advice and tips.
Locked as in like the diff lock is stuck engaged? Might be the piston and seals binding in the housing, it's spring release so it wouldn't take much to keep it from kicking out I suppose. I assume everything looked free and right as you reassembled it?
Everything looked free and clear but that is what we assume; that the spring is bound somehow. Is the spring directional in anyway? Anyway to place it upside down?
I don't think so. Have you tried shifting the diff lock with air pressure, see what happens? Of course by now you may be deep into it.....
Tried to move with air & no luck. put new seals in then broke the ring that the small seal sits in trying to press the piston in! (inside ring)
That sucks, sorry to hear that. Hope you get it licked. :salute
Thanks for your help, i did get it done but now on to a boom prob with a 710g