Just a thought...My Grizzly has a unknown loggers box on it. I did buy a 95 Ford F-250 with a Rebco loggers box on it 6 years ago. My friend in Qualicom now has the truck but I still own the box for a future Grizzly trailer. I am told Rebco was In Qualicom(sp) Question...Is the loggers box another BC innovation for our forestry industry. ???
Brutus Boxes were built in Penticton my guess is shortly after the logger boxes appeared on the island.
That looks like a Brutus. I’m surprised they never caught on here. I would sure like to get one.
I seen one Brutus box on a truck last fall in town just trying to remember whose pickup it was on.
They could have sold hundreds of those here in the 80's...farmers had to resort to flatbeds when the factory box rotted away. One local grain elevator saw the need and started bringing flatbeds in from OK, they would sell out fast..got to the point farmers would buy a cab & chassis, flatbed from day one. Ed
Brutus boxes are still being built in Penticton
Any idea who made this box?
Looks like a rebco, I think thats the name .
Thank you.
This is my Rebco box....
All I know is I want one. Unfortunately they are something that doesn't exist here in the Midwest.
When did Rebco close up?
Another unknown loggers box. This one was on the Ford I bought to get the Dana 60 front axle out of. A friend has the box now..
Hello Box Guys, Been awhile since I was on here and thought of a couple of box suppliers for BCFP and M&B when I worked for them. Custom Engineering from Vancouver. They also would build a crewcab before any pickup manufactures did them. They built a lot of boxes in their day. Shop boxes and of course crummies by the train load. Alberni Engineering built boxes. Promac was another. Argyle Machine Works may have?? Any ideas on that?
Thanks for the input. Good to hear from you.
There is a free one on Vancouver island that needs a floor. Also a new aluminum one for $8,000 also on the Island, both were on Facebook
OH, Daum!! My year and style!!!! F250 Custom!! 351 or 400M?
Marcus...engine was missing but bell housing tells me it was a 351/400 eng. Truck had the snow fighter option. Dana 60 front,dual batteries and bigger heater. I took the Dana 60 and all the factory dual battery cables out for the Grizzly..Also took the front leaf spring hangers and the trans x-member...
That bell fit the 460 also. Was looking for one to fit the truck at the time.
Yes it did...I converted a couple of those trucks to 429/460's..
So. these boxes are still being made. These ones are aluminum. Found the ad on Market place. These are screen shots i took.
Must be silver streak boats building them!
I worked for Cardiac cobra in the late 80's .Our aluminum fuel tanks were built by Osborne Propellers. Wouldnt surprise if a boat builder was building those boxes..We all like a little diversity.
Avro aircraft was building boat hulls trying to stay in business. I'd suspect they were extremely well built.
We just replaced the loggers box on our pickup with a factory short bed and will sell the loggers box, it's 6-1/2ft. $250 on Vancouver Island.
Seems like a good price. A sandblast and paint could really clean it up.
I always wondered why a company would use so many different bell housing styles ? If you don't understand this you were never pour trying to piece a old vehicle together . I wonder if it saved GM a lot of money making so much interchangeable ?
***SOLD***
Actually GM went to a full one piece rear main seal and changed the crank on small blocks back in the 80's because there was too many salvage pieces floating around--the money is in the parts. SBC & BBC had a few to many interchangeable parts, not allot but enough GM wasn't moving parts as they should have. A prime example of a car that lost money--------- The Chevette, nothing hardly broke on those little skates. In 1986 it was decided to discontinue in 87--GM had storerooms full of spare Chevette parts that went to scrap. That car also got 45 mpg average with a carb.
There were classes of races just for Chevette's. Remember seeing an ice race for them.