I started out thinking this was a skidder with a backhoe hanging off the back. After watching it a third time, it looks to be a case dozer. Since I've already started this thread in the Forestry Equipment section might as well point out the tailhold/roadbuilder that is earlier in the video. Linkbelt roadbuilder is at 3:58 and the backhoe thingy at 8:11. I guess the timecodes don't work with the new video embedding. YouTube - Guying up grapple yarder So, any more pictures or videos of less than standard equipment used in forestry?
That Linkbelt is a shovel-yarder. There's quite a few in S.A, and most are modified Daewoos and Komatsu's. They are basically like yarders, and are used here in place of yarders because there is no such as yarders in S.A as you know them. They basically have a cable reel attached to the upper structure, with the rollers and the boom, and a modified bucket that looks like a sewing machine foot, sort of. They are quite c
The link belt doesn't have any winches on it just the spar and pulley. It provides a mobile tail hold, this is really important in grapple yarding because the lane you are working is so small. They just walk the yarder and tailhold form one end of a parcel to the other with out having to rig a spar tree or dead man constantly.
Oh, ohk, I mistook it for a shovel yarder, my bad.