Was wondering if anyone knew if there is a such available? I can get by without, but the machine is very tail heavy already with the extend-a-hoe and thumb attachment and I have to load the front bucket to get more stability when swinging the boom. I do not extend the stick out when swung out on either side. Am I crazy for asking? ointhead Justin
Don't know about from the factory but have seen some home made before. I try to keep my machine tires just touching the ground while using the extend a hoe with it run all the way out. Some of the high volume buckets above a 24" can give you a tilt real quick along with using the thumb with a load on it. You will find loading the front bucket helps like you said, I try to keep mine loaded when possible at long depths and reaches. I did a pipe job at a farm for a friend several weeks a go, used his 555D with a e hoe and a big bucket, huge 36", it was real unstable off the side. You may need to find a load chart for your machine, and see what the ratings are, does your machine have a front counter weight?
Yes, it has 1,450# total counterweight. I asked them to take off a few hundred pounds before we picked it up since we had the quick attached bucket put on that added some more nose weight, but was unaware it would be so tail heavy, so when I called back to double check if they took the extra weight off they said they never did touch it. I just have the 18" bucket on the hoe. I don't really think it can take any bigger of a bucket out back especially digging mud and clay. If the outrigger pads were just dropped down a bit more it would allow more overall width of the outriggers when being used since the angle of the arms wouldn't be so much.
It's showing two, standard and extra length in the parts book along with two cylinder groups and several types of pads. Your dealer should be able to give you the length so you know what you have.
Hmm, intersting. Will have to make a phone call then. Thanks