Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Lonking motor grader CDM1185, what do you think?

lonkinggroup · 2012-05-10 22:33

Lonking just restarted its motor grader production, and CDM1185 is the only model for selling now. The followings are some basic parameters, what do you think of it? Operating Weight 16000kg Rated Power 140/2200kw Max. Traction Force 91kN Blade Cutting Depth 550mm Max.lift above ground: 455mm Max.blade position angle: 90° Circle reversing rotation: 360° Drive tire: 4 Max steering angle of front wheels: +45° Max.lean angle of front wheels: +17° Max.oscillation angle of front wheels: +15° Frame articulating angle: +22° Min.turning radius using articulation: 8m Max.gradeability:30% Engine Model: SC8D190.1G2B1 Overall dimension: 8800x2670x3500mm

Replies21
  1. #1Bluetop Man2012-05-11 09:18

    I'm thinking how much can Lonking undersell NORAM and Champion in the same class machine FOB Port of Long Beach.

  2. #2Bluetop Man2012-05-11 13:37

    Of course, parts availability is assumed to be reasonable in the above scenario. It doesn't have to be CAT quick, but 1-2 weeks should be sufficient. A three to six month wait and I'm out.

  3. #3JGS Parts2012-05-11 13:43

    Mate i would look at XGMC or another established grader brand from china sorry lonking no disrespect mate but i know what new chinese graders are like when they first come on the market place. they have a few teething issues

  4. #4truefinn2012-05-11 14:00

    Have you got any real photos and video of this machine. Something similar like we posted in this thread: All I can say is that the quality of Chinese graders vary a lot depending on the brand. All of them need a bit of work before they can be used in "Western" markets.

  5. #5D&GExcavating2012-05-11 22:04

    I think I'd much rather operate my 1992 Cat 140G with 22,000 hours on it

  6. #6truefinn2012-05-12 04:41

    I understand this as those established brands have working service and spare part support. However besides the price, there is one thing which has led me to study these cheaper options. At least in Europe (in some states) there is machinery age limit for public tenders. In some cases machinery over 10 years are not allowed to be used by contractors and in some cases they give points to machinery depending on machine age, new gets 10 points and 10 year old zero points. This is not a problem if you work for private people or companies of course. There is no such thing in North America, Australia?

  7. #7JGS Parts2012-05-12 05:18

    yeah mate in australia we have that also about the tenders you are also more likly to get one with new and newer machines then say some one running a 1992 CAT with 22,000hrs on it. well in the mining side of it and also a lot more civil jobs i have found there is more and more company putting cut off dates on the age of machinery to be used on there site.

  8. #8JGS Parts2012-05-12 06:49

    http://www.cnerent.com/zhishi/chanpin/20120329/1718385.html have a look at this i know its in chinese but you can use google translator it gives you an idea on all the main chinese graders

  9. #9D&GExcavating2012-05-15 22:00

    I understand the need for cheaper, newer construction equipment with age cut offs, but how do they really operate compared to say a Cat grader. I know that the parts aren't as available besides maybe engine and transmission parts, but what about smoothness of controls. With 22,000 hours on my 140, most people would consider that well used, but the controls are still as smooth as a newer H series.

  10. #10truefinn2012-05-16 02:00

    Today, imported directly from factory they can not be compared. Tomorrow, who knows. The machines are good for work, the biggest problems (IMHO) comes with service, spare part availibility etc. I guess it all comes down to price, I would be curious to know what new JD or CAT cost. I believe new Volvo is around 300 000 eur where as these Chinese graders cost 1/3rd of that.

  11. #11Greg2012-05-16 18:34

    Here Here D&G. We have beat this chinese quality and realibility thing to death here for a long time. Give me my choice between one of these things and my Cat No. 12E and I will take my 12E hands down, full mechanical on the controls, no air conditioning and all. It starts every time, it performs every time and I know it will next time and the time after that. Age of the fleet is not considered when bidding here. The financial strength of the contractors is taken into consideration, in that to submit a bid a bond must be provided with the bid, as in bid bond. The contract is than awarded to the low bidder. I am not sure of the price of a new Cat, but if a new Volvo is 300,000 eur, I would be very suspect of a competive machine at 1/3 of the cost. When I buy equipment here, I buy to keep it for the long haul. I practically never buy the lowest price machine because I buy what I want based upon the features and the reputation of the machine for long life and dependability. Lots of us here look at it that way. If a machine is constantly broke down, and you are waiting for parts for weeks on end, it is not making money for you, it is costing. More than likely you will end up renting a replacement till the broke down unit is finally running again.

  12. #12Bluetop Man2012-05-17 00:13

    I'd like to buy a new one now at the price it sold for back in the day.

  13. #13D&GExcavating2012-05-19 22:05

    Ain't that the truth

  14. #14Greg2012-05-19 23:08

    I have other contractors tell me that they wish they could still buy Cat D8H's and K's too.

  15. #15catken2012-05-21 10:24

    Well this discussion seems to be about cheap and new! I've been around some cheap buys and has cost dearly. For example your running one blade on the job and it goes down. You have to shut down because there isn't a knock-down machine there before rolling. Well if you have a machine that takes 3 days to get parts and service-how cheap is it?!?! I can tell you that it took 6 weeks for a circle ring gear on a hoe to be shipped by boat to get to the U.S. and thats when we went back to the brand name again. Have a 140G with 20,000 plus and availability is 96% +. We rebuilt it once and is in excellent condition. Our H series is also doing a great job. This myth about age is a figment of ones imagination. If that machine has been taken care of and rebuilt properly-it will perform just like a new one. Have scrapers with 20,000 plus and been rebuilt and availability is the same as the new "G"s. I suspect that those cheaper machines need to be replaced much quicker and scraped! You get just what you pay for we've found out. There is no price for quality and availability when it comes to completion dates-that cheap machine can cost you more in penalties and down grading in bonding that the extra cost of the machine. Learned a couple lessions the hard way and these people saying you have to upgrade are nuts. Evalute the contractor and his equipment before demanding all this new stuff. THE PEOPLE DEMANDING AND PUTTING THIS 10 YR OLD STUFF ARE NOT PAYING FOR IT-MAKES IT SIMPLE TO SAY WHEN NOT BUYING IT. Just a quarters worth of opinion is all and some experience.

  16. #16lonkinggroup2012-05-21 21:41

    It takes time to accept a new product. And it takes longer to win people's trust. I understand you guys, brand is very important. Buy a brand product also means you get guaranteed.

  17. #17JGS Parts2012-05-21 21:59

    yeah but mate it was like me i approched your company about products to set up a yard and do it right in australia and your company told me you all ready have agent in australia and would not sell to me . this is the BIGGEST issue with the chinese manufactures you let some bloke set up your agent who is not in it for the long hual and he just set up a yard in the middle of no where and then finally he makes his money and leaves. hounestly there is only 2 chinese companys doing it right and only 1 in australia and that is luigong they have come there them selfs like CAT and Komatsu like the big mobs they are there to stay.

  18. #18Bluetop Man2012-05-22 09:21

    Lonkinggroup, if your machines are a good as your website, you're gonna be in the money. However, I believe most potential buyers would like to be able to navigate the website without registration required.

  19. #19lonkinggroup2012-05-25 02:54

    I am sorry that we couldn't sell the machines to you, many customers have contacted us and want to buy machines directly from us, we can't because it is unfair to the distributors in the area, and against the agreement signed. If we sell the machines directly to the customers, it will affect our distributors a lot. I hope you understand. In the future, we will come there by ourselvers,but we need time.

  20. #20JGS Parts2012-05-25 04:03

    well that was before i saw the qullity of the products mate dont worrie actually a little glad did not become your agent lol

  21. #21Bluetop Man2012-05-25 13:52

    Like I said, good website.