Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

looking for a Cummins 6T-590 engine for 1998 Case 850 G

DDSDISAPTCH ยท 2020-06-28 11:56

New to forum and New to posting question, Let me apologize now if I offend anyone. Looking for a good used short block or engine for my case 850 G. It dropped a rod and destroyed the block. I have some numbers stamped on the block if it will help. There is a 512 / 81-04-02 / also a single 2 / I was told it is a 1998 but have no record of this. I am in the Dallas Ft.Worth area of Texas. Kinda in the EAST part Thanks for any Help... Good Day

Replies5
  1. #1DDSDISAPTCH2020-06-29 11:17

    Is the cummins 6T-590 6 cylinder engine block the same in a pickup as in a bulldozer ?

  2. #2Tenwheeler2020-06-29 19:24

    Not sure but saw one put in a tree cutdown machine. The industrial fuel pump and truck injectors did not work well together. Watchout for that Mexican block casting #53?

  3. #3Tyler d4c2020-06-29 21:20

    Heres one for you

  4. #4DDSDISAPTCH2020-06-30 10:05

    Thanks I have found a shop that is going to pull engine and see what all I will need. We may find a block and rebuild it. Good Day

  5. #5Coy Lancaster2020-07-01 17:57

    Brokentractor.com has long blocks