Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Looking for experienced mechanic for a gold mining venture!!!

fxbeaver ยท 2012-12-29 00:45

I'm looking for a top mechanic with excavator, loader, dozer and all kind of mechanical repair. I want someone that can bring his expertise at no cost but I'm offering a 5% share of all the gold we can get. I'm an experienced operator but I can't do all the maintenance and repair needed for this kind of operation. We are looking at a mine with a cat loader and an old excavator to start with. Certainly some breakdown along the way will occur this is where we will need your expertise. You certainly cant built a house without a carpenter I guess the same apply when diging some dirt: You cant fix a machine without a mechanics. I'm a humble man with lots of ambition but I know I will need a mechanic when trouble shows up!!!Much more equipment will be added and more work will be needed from the mechanics. It.s a small income to start with but will become huge when all is in place... I'm only looking for experienced mechanics and the best one...this is a big gamble in someone's life so no wannabe we want a good mechanic that is able to risk a part of is life like we do and we want a good one. I hope this is the place find this guy!!! Wish you all the best Dan

Replies42
  1. #1ben46a2012-12-29 07:00

    Location?

  2. #2Track2012-12-29 12:17

    Where are you going to be miming at, North America, Canada? Is the ground proven, are permits in place, is the deposit shallow, deep, is mining going to occur all year, or just a few summer months up in Alaska or Canada? I've mined with equipment, and done it on a %, and I won't do that again. There used to be a song about it called nothing from nothing leaves nothing, that was my experience in Alaska after I fixed the old International TD Dozer, the Back hoe, built a wash plant, fized the pump and jeep, and ATV's and got nothing because the gold wasn't in the ground! Bummer summer.

  3. #3JGS Parts2012-12-29 13:57

    Sounds like the tv show Gold Rush haha

  4. #4fxbeaver2012-12-29 14:19

    Yukon Canada the ground pays 10 $ /yard. Current operation is 15/20 yard per hour. One loader and one excavator that will surely need repairs.

  5. #5stumpjumper832012-12-29 15:36

    $10.00 per yard... Your better off selling 2rc... Or even bank run gravel.

  6. #6Track2012-12-29 15:49

    So it's seasonal and in Canada and runs 10$ a yard so that's 160 yards to the ounce, if it's thawed and pays from the top down, or averages out to this. Sounds like the 60 mile area? The excavator that needs repairs should be kept as a back up if you can afford to get something more reliable. The wash plant is the bottleneck, a trommel? If the gold can be liberated from the gravels with a shaker screen plant you could increase your through put to over 100 yards per hour and really step up production.

  7. #7Matt_H2012-12-29 16:04

    I hope your not another Hoffman $10/yd we don't even move dirt here that cheap, good luck and I hope you have a "good" plan.

  8. #8JGS Parts2012-12-29 16:06

    i think you wil have a hard time getting some one who really wants to put there neck out there for that mate.

  9. #9Permafrost-ed2012-12-29 16:51

    Well good luck to you. Where are you going? Near Dawson City? I'm curious because I know the area well.

  10. #10fxbeaver2012-12-29 17:20

    There s a trommel on site plus shaker too. The excavator dont need repairs but will need maintenance thats why I want to have a mechanics on site to help with all of the maintenance. Yep if we can pump up production to 100 yard per hour this mine would produce 10 000 per day with 2 or 3 machine. It s all tawed ground. This could be a great experience for a semi retired or someone who has the possibility to take the risk of going out there.

  11. #11fxbeaver2012-12-29 17:28

    You charge 1000$ per hour to dig dirt????

  12. #12Track2012-12-29 17:52

    FXBeaver, Sounding better all the time. I'd be interested if I wasn't allready mining my own ground, and fixing and maintaining my own equipment. It's good to realize the importance of maintenance up front and make it a priority, it seems to be an afterthought with lots of folks. Good fortune, have a great year!

  13. #13fxbeaver2012-12-29 18:01

    Great! Wish you a good one too. Yep maintenance will be a priority if I can find a good mechanic!!!

  14. #14d9gdon2012-12-29 20:24

    I friggin' hope you get a thousand ounces. No guts no glory. I've been watchin too much TV. Good luck to you guys.

  15. #15JGS Parts2012-12-29 20:36

    Love it now all you need is a TV crew and your are set to go gold mining

  16. #16Hendrik2012-12-29 21:05

    Unfortunately I don't think it is all that easy to make big dollars in digging for gold, if it was every man and his dog would be up there.

  17. #17Permafrost-ed2012-12-29 21:30

    Bingo If gold was plentiful it wouldn't be worth much. lol

  18. #18fxbeaver2012-12-29 21:34

    yep first you have to go up there and try it wich I dont think to many are willing to risk it... are you??? if it was that easy to make big dollars digging simple dirt every man and his excavator would be digging. Succes is a reward of hard work and dedication ...can you you do this? the question is are you a good mechanic and are you willing to come and try it. You can built a business by simply digging dirt ...good for you man wish you all the best. like any other business there is a risk if not no reward. People risking capital create jobs and get our country better. Wish you all the best

  19. #19fxbeaver2012-12-29 22:10

    Wow!!! have you found this by yourself ...you seem like a smart man !

  20. #20fxbeaver2012-12-29 22:46

    Love it All you need now is a tv crew looking at you posting on a Heavy equipment forum to see how ridiculous you are and how much time you have to waste. the worst part of this is maybe it will happen before I die!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Hope I will die before i see this!!! Get a life Bro HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

  21. #21Hendrik2012-12-29 23:26

    Hmmnh Mr fxbeaver, judging by the way you respond to people here I am guessing you may be somewhat ....tense and perhaps thin skinned, in other words potentially hard to work with. Looking at the situation you're after a person to keep the gear running and would think that you'd be living together for a few months, which can be hard if the personalities don't gel or little attempt is made to see the other persons point of view. Also given that more than likely everyday there would be problems to overcome I would advise you to chill out a bit and focus on the tasks that need doing and not worrying about what someone posts on a forum to get a cheap laugh or have a bit of a dig at you. Permafrost makes a good point actually, the current price of gold goes in your favour and is probably the critical factor between success and failure. Lastly the thing is, if you run a professional operation with minimal dramas, then the TV crews would not be interested in filming it, they tend to thrive on stuffs up and screaming matches, it's called dramatisation. Anyway best of luck and remember safety first, have you done a first aid course and packed a good first aid kit?

  22. #22fxbeaver2012-12-29 23:51

    Come on I come here to met someone with mechanical skill and I get all off these stupid response. you dont like the TV show good for you but this is not my problem this is not a blog about gold rush TV show. how many post with this stupid attitude will I have to endure before i get the person I'm looking for. If not I dont care I respect this forum cause Ive read a lot of it and I think its one of the best. someone could find its way in my proposition but why trying to demolish it. Is there any serious people here to talk about equipment maintenance on a mining site. That is all I was asking for someone with experience that would have come out and say ..hey this could interest me lets talk!!!

  23. #23TrentNz2012-12-30 00:25

    i own a 139 piece toolbox, am i eligible?

  24. #24fxbeaver2012-12-30 00:40

    If you can put one of your 139 piece into a hand gun and shoot your self with we would be glad to burried you for free. Thanks for visiting us!!! Come back at any time if you have the will to do it!!! Bye Bye!!! Stupid Idiot!!!

  25. #25TrentNz2012-12-30 00:49

    haha yeah mate good luck getting anyone to work for you.

  26. #26390eric2012-12-30 00:51

    wow hopefully a mod sees this soon and your gone, if you cant handle questioning on your site, plans and a little ball busting, you will be a failure real quick. You already failed on this site.

  27. #27fxbeaver2012-12-30 00:54

    Comme on dit en francais Echec et math bande de con!!!!

  28. #28TrentNz2012-12-30 00:57

    "As we say in French and failed math strip ****!" :beatsme Think id rather work with todd hoffman to be honest.

  29. #29390eric2012-12-30 01:02

    I translated it to " as we say in french checkmate de con" so whoknows what he is really saying

  30. #30fxbeaver2012-12-30 01:10

    One more proof you guys are wrong it meant Checkmate

  31. #31TrentNz2012-12-30 01:15

    i copy and pasted it into google translate and thats what it came up with.

  32. #32390eric2012-12-30 01:18

    pretty sure i said checkmate, but i am done with this posting u r just someone trying to stir the pot. Good Luck with your venture.

  33. #33fxbeaver2012-12-30 01:22

    No Worry about all of this this is just not my place. Will find somewhere else take care guys!!!

  34. #34TrentNz2012-12-30 01:31

    http://gpex.ca/smf/index.php?topic=10907.0 Quick search of his name on the internet turned up hundreds of pages of him asking about gold mining, techniques, yada-yada-yada lol

  35. #35390eric2012-12-30 01:36

    Actually I am not done with this, I have some serious questions for you. Are suppling tools or does this mechanic need to pack up his stuff and bring it to you? If you are suppling tools, generically speaking what do you have? Any welders, torches, other tools that are needed to care of old equipment on site? Do you cover expenses to get there and living costs while in your mine? or does that come out of the 5 percent? I am asking these questions, because to be honest I would love to do this, not for you but hey if I could go with hoffman and crew or the other mines I would. Think it would be awesome and an adventure. But at this point in my life have too many responsibilites to take a job where i might not make a cent.

  36. #36stumpjumper832012-12-30 08:02

    I still say your trying to start a money pit, and get volunteers to keep it going. If your dirt only pays $10 per yard thats $6.67 per ton. In a normal gravel pit in any town usa, thats dirt cheap bank run. But no, you still have to shake it, and sift the gold out, then at some point you need to haul it back to where you dug it out, or do some sort of reclamation. At the current number your giving me you have enough to dig it, and stockpile it, any more work and your back to loosing money. All this talk about hard work and initiative is awesome, but you need to also use your brains. If you were selling gravel and screening the gold out, then your making money. But to dig, screen, pan, and reclaim... not on $10. Do some more boring somewhere else and find some better ground. Also your going to need to get production way up from the 15-20 yd per hr mark. 20 * 10 = 200 * .05 = $10 per hr. Pretty crappy pay for an experienced mechinic with own tools even if its in his front yard. What a good self equiped field mechanic worth, $60 - 80 and hr?

  37. #37cps2012-12-30 08:29

    Well I started to read this thread with interest! Your offer sounded like a nice opportunity for some one with guts, if i had of been single and looking for a new start i may have even jumped at your offer! Now that i see your answers to some genuine questions from some genuine honest people on here, and that you cant take a bit of banter, i can see that your the road to no town! I wise you luck, .......and i think you going to need every bit of it!

  38. #38willie592012-12-30 09:46

    In case you haven't familiarized yourself with the forum rules, this is just one that apply to your comments. > You're stepping way over the line with that remark fxbeaver. I don't have a dog in this fight, and I'm not stating a personal opinion, nor do I care what provoked you to make that comment, I'm only here to enforce the rules. One more outburst like this from you and I will push the ban button.

  39. #39Matt_H2012-12-30 12:05

    fxbeaver can I ask you what your background is or experience? I'm not trying to attack you, and I don't think anyone else hear is either. Couple things trouble me though, you say that some equipment is already there. So was this claim in operation before? If so theres probally a reason everything was left behind(operation went **** up perhaps). I know you said with 2-3 machines your going to make $10,000 a day, sure that sounds good but whats your profit margin? Remember your going to have 2 excavators, a rock truck, support equipment( never short your self on support equipment), you'll need a dozer for reclaimation, plus 3 maybe 4 guys plus yourself, you'll have to supply camp for. Do you have any idea what your running costs are going to be everyday? Depending on overburden you won't be running gold everyday. If all you need a mechanic for is maintaince my advise learn to get your hands dirty, and if I was you invest in a bunch of hyd. hose and fittings to minimize your down time.

  40. #40kevin37b2012-12-30 14:25

    I'm interested , 250,000 year , house , new truck ,gas card ,you furnish tools ,heated shop , and I'm THE BOSS . Any Questions ?

  41. #41mike_b2012-12-30 16:29

    "If you can put one of your 139 piece into a hand gun and shoot your self with we would be glad to burried you for free. Thanks for visiting us!!! Come back at any time if you have the will to do it!!!" Hahaha that response is priceless!

  42. #42Steve Frazier2012-12-30 18:24

    Seems this has about run its course