I've been around equipment most all my life whether it be cranes or backhoes or whatever the job may call for. At the ripe age of 25 after a short stint in law enforcement I decided to apply for the apprenticeship at the local IUOE Hall. Which is 841 in Terre Haute, Indiana. Friday I took the assessment test in which I was told that it took an equivalent to an 8th grade education to pass and be considered, and that 220 plus people applied and only 120ish showed to take the test. Next is an oral interview and a "Hands on" test. I've searched and looked all over for what to expect in these next two steps or how they decide who gets a shot at an apprenticeship. As the "FNG" or "Greenhorn" or whatever you call us new guys or wanting to be new guys... I'm just looking for a little advice as to what to expect and if anyone knows how they decide on who to pick? Feel free to either reply or send me a message. Thank you in advance. :usa
No replies yet.