Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Looking for new steering cylinder for case 680e or make a 580 one fit loo

bigrich954rr · 2018-04-22 12:12

I need new steering cylinders for my case 680e backhoe. I’ve honed and repacked all cylinders on the backhoe and drained and flushed all hyd fluid . The steering cylinders are the only thing stopping me from running it any one know where I can buy some from ? Can some one get my all the sizes from case580 steering cylinders to see if I can make them fit?

Replies9
  1. #1Tinkerer2018-04-22 12:33

    Can't rebuild the ones on it ? A good hydraulic shop can make anything required to rebuild them. They should be available from a lot of salvage yards.

  2. #2bigrich954rr2018-04-22 12:39

    One can’t be rebuild it messed up pretty bad . The other one I will try to rebuild . There are no good hydraulics shop near by me . I took one cylinder off and took it to the local shop about 2 hours aways. Anyway they messed it up and ripped me off. So ordering and shipping it my only options

  3. #3Tinkerer2018-04-22 13:26

    Call Dale at Tractorstuff. He is a human encyclopedia for anything made by Case. here ---> http://e-backhoeparts.com/

  4. #4bigrich954rr2018-04-22 20:18

    Ok will do he was able to get me all the seals and packing but had some issues with get the pins and bushing I’ll give him a call about the steering cylinder

  5. #5Tinkerer2018-04-22 20:54

    There is another retired Case dealer in Ontario,Canada. JC Marleau. He has a lot of new leftover parts and a salvage yard. I have purchased parts (steering cylinders included) from him many times. He does not have a website you have to email him about what you are looking for. [email protected]

  6. #6Tinkerer2018-04-23 07:56

    And another salvage yard you can contact. http://clarkentinc.com/equipment/680/

  7. #7bigrich954rr2018-04-23 14:28

    I’ve been checking around H.W. didn’t have any or make them. Waiting To hear back from the others . Thank you for the leads

  8. #8Coy Lancaster2018-04-23 15:26

    I've had really good luck with reliable after market parts @ (888)672-7876, just tell them what you have and they should be able to help. BTW the part# for cylinder is G102602

  9. #9AGA Parts2018-05-02 08:09

    Hi, Bigrich954rr! Our website allows finding any required Caterpillar spare part. Our e-form facilitates checkout as well. https://www.aga-parts.com/request-free-quote/