I purchased a Mitsubishi BD2J Power Shift Dozer last year and have had time now to play a bit. Apart from being disappointed the dealer didn't have the thought to reverse the wear plates on the blade in the workshop....would have been a lot easier than in the field, especially since the plate was worn to the blade on the left side . Now I am having fun with a squealing right steer brake/ clutch, the left needs only partial pulling to work in forward or reverse. The right needs pulling quite hard all the way to operate and squeals like a banchee. The other "hassle" is lack of reverse on an incline, my gears work well in forward up or down hill, however if working down hill I am having trouble engaging reverse to go back up hill. Is it oil levels or something major.
Bruce, I was doing some work yesterday and noticed I am having the same problem with my BD2G. Left steering brake works OK but the right needs pulling hard when moving up hill . I also just bought my B2DG just finished replacing rollers and idler on one side. I guess now I will need to either replace or adjust the brake bands . Haven't figured out where and how to get to them yet. Have you had any success with your problem? Thanks. Jack