Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Looking for Rescue fire truck/crane

Munawar1235 ยท 2013-06-25 00:30

Hello Please help me in finding rescue fire truck/crane having minimum working height of 300ft. The aerial platform having same height is also required. Your urgent response in this regard will be highly appreciated.

Replies16
  1. #1Dualie2013-06-25 00:43

    300 FT? those are called helicopters.

  2. #2Munawar12352013-06-25 00:52

    Actually these are to be used in high rise buildings for rescue puposes. 300ft is very hard to obtain. But i think there are some manufacturers who can achieve such height

  3. #3Steve Frazier2013-06-25 01:16

    Munawar1235, every one of your posts is seeking information on equipment for a third party. Can you explain what it is you are doing?

  4. #4mitch5042013-06-25 01:17

    I think Condor Aerials makes the tallest aerial platforms in the world, and they only go 210 feet.

  5. #5Munawar12352013-06-25 01:26

    Dear mitch504, thanks for your valued information.

  6. #6Munawar12352013-06-25 01:28

    Dear Steve, actually i am mining engineer and i work to supply the heavy earth machinery

  7. #7alco2013-06-25 03:16

    Mitch, Condor is only a drop in the bucket compared to the big ones. Check out Bronto Skylift. Their HLA Firefighting platforms range up to 112 m in working height. That works out to 367 feet. Their website is www.bronto.fi

  8. #8dsmitht3432013-06-25 04:47

    Alco hit it bronto is the largest aerial platforms. However I would probably faint at the price tag and the huge chassis required to carry that enormous boom. Very few of the big ones have actually been put in service as far as I know

  9. #9Andrew_D2013-06-25 07:16

    It's one thing to make an aerial platform that can reach to 112m...quite another to have a nozzle on the end of 112m!! The nozzle reaction force would be huge that far out. Would be interested to see one in action. Andrew

  10. #10mitch5042013-06-25 09:44

    Crud, Bronto is what I was thinking of. In my defense, condors are really ugly, and kinda look prehistoric. When I looked the website I was surprised at only 210'.

  11. #11BlazinSS9342013-06-26 21:46

    Aggressive interior fire tactics can easily surpass the brontos benefit of being able to deliver water 30 stories up. I'll take a functioning standpipe system with a crew of good guys on the hand line any day of the week. Nothing beats getting a nasty fire, taking a beating and putting that bad boy out. Just curious why does the mining industry need a arial platform capable of 300 plus feet?

  12. #12alco2013-06-26 22:21

    The whole idea of a platform like that is access, not water delivery.

  13. #13lantraxco2013-06-27 03:23

    I'd like to shake hands with the guys that ride that thing up.... I get shaky knees at thirty feet...

  14. #14caterpillarmech2013-06-27 05:30

    We used to rent 66' Sky Traks. Wow it was wobbly at 66', no way I would make it to 300'!

  15. #15Andrew_D2013-06-27 07:29

    Yes, but didn't the website show water being delivered? That's got to create some major twisting forces! Andrew

  16. #16OldandWorn2013-06-27 09:46

    We bought a brand new 135' Bronto on a Pierce chassis. Nice unit but man was that thing heavy and not really necessary for our area. Typical mine is bigger than yours fire department purchase. VERY slow speed roll over a few years back that totalled the truck. You could hardly see any damage other then some scratches and crunches on the fall side. Someone determined that the arial was bent, got a huge insurance payment, and sold it for 10K to a tree company I believe. My goodness what a deal for a milion dollar truck!