Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Looking for stainless-steel, imperal sized screws

Yosemite ยท 2009-07-06 19:49

Hey all... Well, I thought I had nothing to lose, so I decided, after having been looking for what I need with very, very limited luck online, to post a message here, knowing that many of you out there deal with fixing and repairing stuff... :yup So, yeah... What I'm looking for is an assortment of stainless-steel screws, sizes 5/8" and smaller, both fine and coarse threads, various lengths... The smallest I need is called, as far as I know, 6-32, so, quite small.... They can have any head as long as it's hex-socket-cap :tong And the grade should preferably be 316 stainless, but I suppose 304 would do if 316 is too much to ask for :yup I do have exact sizes for a few screws I need, but if anyone would think of like a kit one could buy, like for example, one can get a kit with various sizes of the "most common" O-rings, that'd be, er, grand :cool2 Oh and the reason I'm posting here is that I cannot get this in Iceland, since we're so firmly lodged into the metric system, nobody carries this kind of stuff here, least of all stainless-steel Thanks.

Replies5
  1. #1davidd2009-07-06 20:37

    macmaster carr is the best source for on line ordering. I do not know if they ship internationally though. Google macmaster carr.

  2. #2willie592009-07-06 20:45

    Found this assortment at the Fastenal website. 1/4-20 to 5/8-11 and only coarse thread. Wow that stuff is expensive. http://www.fastenal.com/web/products/detail.ex?sku=99006&ucst=t

  3. #3DigDug2009-07-06 21:12

    I get my SS screws at Fastenal , macmaster carr, MSC and KL Jack. The SS screws I always have to check around to see who has them and who is cheapest. I buy them for my other small business , building Stainless Steel off road motorcycles. Heres the site. www.dugbike.net

  4. #4Yosemite2009-07-07 13:59

    Thanks guys, I'll have to check these out I don't think the price really matters, shipping is going to be dead expensive anyway :yup

  5. #5DigDug2009-07-07 21:05

    Stay warm there yosemite.