Looking for a excavator in the 50 sizefor use on our acreage for stumps, road repair etc.Does anybody have any tips on checking them out??Wanted a RTB but they are few and far between for something decent.The age group I would look at went mostly went to the US for a while because our dollar was low at the time.Small excavators are common around here so.Thanks:notworthy
Go to Ironplanet.com and you can see how they evaluate the machines. What is RTB?
A RTB is a rubber tired backhoe.Got this term from this site a while back. Was wondering how to check turntable bearing etc.Thanks
give it atry When I checked out my new purchase I looked for a hydraulic pump that would lift the machine, an engine that would start without ether. Evaluate the contact point's on the machine are they greased or dry? A gap between pivot's show's mucho wear. This list is far from complete and there other's with much more knowledge. Keeep asking question's and a whole list of what to look for will crop up.