Saw this unit for sale on market place, looks like a real productive outfit: I literally laughed out loud when I saw that, 6.5hp of fury, 36" cut, ONLY $4500 (just the attachment.) What's the old saying? A fool and his money are soon parted....
I'm still looking for the ultimate machine to maintain narrow trails. I'd be willing to demo that but I bet any change in direction is going to snap those plastic casters off as the implement sweeps widely while steered. (If you can get the quad to steer at all) So far the only thing I can think of as a useful application is laying out a corn maze.
You're paying for those high quality guide wheels, they look like the ones on my grill.
I’m pretty sure I could utilize that. I would definitely beef up those wheels but the idea of it is pretty good. I’m sure the wife was told how it was completely needed to maintain their 100 ft gravel driveway. I wonder if I could mount that to a quick connect on the backhoe.
It's set up to climb mill, will pull that 4 wheeler into the brush when it hooks on some barbed wire.....
I understand the concept, the execution is very poor IMO. Zero ground clearance under the frame, mickey mouse wheels, and about 1/4 the hp it really needs. An ATV isn't well suited for that type of work either. Looked them up, new they sell for about $5800. For that price you could buy a small used Yanmar, Iseki, Kubota tractor and a 4' bush hog and actually get something done.
It doesn't look very efficient. All the teeth are inline with each other rather than offset or spiraled like large mulchers.
That is the brand we have on one of our excavators. The teeth are offset if you can see another angle. Not sure about the bike attachments but the one on the 235 seems to work well. The sportsplex I post pictures of was mulched by that machine.
That's probably 5800 canadian pesos. Be cheaper again