Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Lost my nephew last night

Welder Dave · 2024-10-29 15:32

Got a call from my sister my nephew had died. He was diagnosed with ADHD and had trouble coping with things so turned to drugs. He completed rehab and was doing really good but must have a had a relapse. I don't know the details yet. I was his favorite uncle. He was a really good guitar player and was writing some songs. My sister is of course a wreck because she lost her baby. She's playing his music on her Facebook page. He was born on Nov. 19 which is the same day my dad passed away so a very special day. I think he was going to be 24. I always forget how old my niece and nephews are. He was a lost soul battling some demons. Rest in Peace Jack you're in a better place! Here's Jack with his little sister Ivy and pics. of a special mug I got for my birthday.

Replies25
  1. #1Junkyard2024-10-29 16:24

    Man I hate to hear that. I always wondered if there’s something that could have been done. A friend I drilled with for 15 or so years took his life a few weeks ago. We all sat around wondering how we missed it wishing he’d have just talked to one of us. I’ll keep you and your family in my thoughts. If you’re struggling with this please talk to somebody.

  2. #2Labparamour2024-10-29 17:13

    Sounds like he was a gifted young man taken too soon. Remember the things about him that made you the special uncle in his life.

  3. #3mks2024-10-29 18:19

    Sorry for your loss.

  4. #4Newibiner2024-10-29 19:24

    I am sorry. May peace find your family.

  5. #5Truck Shop2024-10-29 19:25

    Very sorry to hear that Dave.

  6. #6CM19952024-10-29 19:34

    Sorry for your loss WD. RIP Jack.

  7. #7Welder Dave2024-10-29 19:53

    Jack was very smart and gifted. Just took a wrong turn somewhere. I wished I lived closer and could have seen him more. I remember quite awhile ago him and his sister were begging me to come and stay with them for a week. Thanks for the nice thoughts. It's much appreciated!

  8. #892U 34062024-10-29 20:06

    Sorry to hear, Dave. My condolences to you and your family.

  9. #9BC Placer gold2024-10-29 21:14

    Sorry to hear that Dave...addiction can be a very tough battle. My daughter went through a very tough ‘patch’. There were 3 very bad years.. My thoughts are with you…..

  10. #10Welder Dave2024-10-30 00:16

    I was a year off, he would have been 23 on Nov.19. Talking to my sister Jack had a lot of friends and a lot of love. The counselor at the house that Jack stayed at for 6 month's during his rehab was totally devastated as were many others. He will be missed.

  11. #11Self-Jameel2024-10-30 01:01

    My thought are with your family welder Dave, RIp to jack . My condolences

  12. #12kshansen2024-10-30 06:52

    Dave so sorry to hear of your loss!

  13. #13Tinkerer2024-10-30 07:19

    I’m so sorry for your loss. I pray that he has found the peace he deserves.

  14. #14AllDodge2024-10-30 08:02

    Sorry for your loss, hope the good memories soon replace the sadness of today

  15. #15Zewnten2024-11-03 10:34

    So sorry for you and your family's loss.

  16. #16crane operator2024-11-03 12:19

    I'm sorry for your loss Dave.

  17. #17GunnieSacked2024-11-21 03:03

    Condolences to you and family.

  18. #18ps66x42024-11-21 06:14

    I'm sorry to hear of your family loss.

  19. #19Welder Dave2024-11-21 16:38

    I called my sister yesterday and she's not doing well. It's going to take a long time to accept Jack is gone. She has been posting video's of Jack playing guitar and singing his songs that I think helps with the healing. Jack wasn't a bad person but was a very private person. He had a lot of friends though and helped a lot of people out without asking for anything in return. I think that's the hardest part to deal with.

  20. #20FarmWrench2024-11-21 18:09

    Sorry for your loss.....Our loss. I quit being an EMT due to the overdoses. Every six months we're losing as many people as the entire Vietnam war.

  21. #21Tugger22024-11-21 21:52

    Im sorry to hear that Dave . My condolences to you and your family.

  22. #22Camshawn2024-11-21 22:12

    Sorry for your loss Dave.

  23. #23chidog2024-11-22 04:29

    Sorry for your loss Dave. Looked like a smart and talented kid.

  24. #24Willie B2024-11-22 07:37

    I can think of no words that will make it better. I'm sorry.

  25. #25Welder Dave2024-11-22 18:28

    He was. It was his idea to go to rehab and he was doing great for quite awhile. Tragically he made a bad decision and his demons got him.