I am woking on a PC290-8 machine and the sound of the engine heard from the muffler has like a discontinuity, seems like something wrong in fuel system and there is a slight black smoke, the machine runs good and has good power and engine starts immediatly. I found in the abnormality history the CA559 code that means low rail pressure. Anyone has had this problem before and find out a solution for it. Any help is really appreciated
The fact you have black smoke (overfueling) and a low pressure code says there may be something wrong with the sensor
Thanks for answering mike, in fact there is a really slight black smoke just on load like when start digging, anyway do you think the sensor on the rail is giving a faulty reading and thus leading to overfueling. And by the way do you think that this overfueling makes the sound of the engine like this(kind of bubbling). So it is not fuel pump and injector problem, I have to change the sensor on the rail? Did you have this problem before
I haven't worked on one of these engines specifically but usually there is some kind of electronic program in the machine for the engine that will indicate a bad injector. Usually there is a lap top connection for the engine control where individual injectors can be stopped to check the affect on the engine. I sounds to me like an injector is leaking off or at least is not working properly. An injector leaking off rail pressure would make the low pressure alarm come on. Good Luck!
i ever worked with such problem on pc 200 - 8 spec ,those came from injector failure,ensure it by using monitor panel special function ,to momentarily switch each injector off in turn . the engine speed irregularity will recover whichever failed injector shut off.if those are ,i recommend to replace whole group of injectors instead of replacing the failed one .i don't know if it could suit your problem too.
I will try to cut-out each injector alone and see what it gives, but in fact I forgot to say that there is a slight vibration when engine is running, I think this is caused by an abnormal combustion like john and anwat already said it is coming from injectors
confirmed, one injector is defective, I already tested it on a bosch common rail machine. And found carbon is inside the plunger of the injector. Do I have to change also the fuel inlet feed connector that fed the injector? Also DO you have any idea about the price of theese injector? Thanks for your help
got a price from komatsu for injectors for a pc210-8 £566 each
jey_c You should the high pressure connector. The connector actually deforms to provide seal against injector. These common rail engines are very good at disguising a failed injector using the injector cutoff function. Best way is to measure injector return rate and compare to specs in book. There is also an injector isolation plug which can be used to block off injector fuel supply at common rail and see if return rate drops to spec. It has been my experience that once a injector goes bad at or around 10,000 hrs you may as well replace all injectors.