Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

low idle

michel ยท 2011-05-10 16:23

I have a PC240-6 that stays on low idle even if i turn the fuel dial, there is no error code on th monitor, no buzzer sound, the engine runs normally but just stay on low idle, does anyone has a solution?Thx

Replies7
  1. #1jey_c2011-05-12 04:25

    check governer motor linkage, it might be loose

  2. #2michel2011-05-14 13:20

    Hi Jey_c I removed the linkage between the pump and governer motor and i moved the pump lever by hand it is accelerating normaly and I moved the governer motor lever while machine is off and it also moves smoothly but when i turn on the machine it stays at low idle, could it be the controller?

  3. #3jey_c2011-05-16 15:08

    check the battery voltage and the alternator

  4. #4grandkobelco2011-05-17 06:18

    If you have no codes on the dash, and all your fuses are good, check the throttle controll for inputs and ohms.

  5. #5michel2011-05-18 07:35

    I already checked them, they have standard values

  6. #6grandkobelco2011-05-18 22:07

    Then i'm also thincking controller. Is the wireing harness betwean the fuel dial and the controller good? Or the harness betwean the controller and the govenor motor good? I dont know to much about PC excavators, is ther a situation were the controller wont let the eng rev up if your low on coolent level, oil level, or low on oil pressure?

  7. #7michel2011-05-19 02:57

    I don't think it is wiring harness, controller or governer motor, because there is no error code. But i think there should be a problem in the coolant level sensor or the thermistor, thanks for answering grandkobelco