Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Low trans pressure light

55don55 ยท 2023-10-07 18:58

I'm trying I find someone that can help me with my 1998 jcb 1400 site master. The low pressure transmission light comes on once in a while. The oil is clean changed the filter It still come one if I stop and restart it goes out and sometimes comes on its random. Any ideas. Don.

Replies4
  1. #1Acecadet2023-10-07 20:47

    I think it would be a good idea to check actual trans pressure. Should be something like 130-150 psi if I recall. If that checks out in both directions I would suspect a failing low pressure switch. They are known to go bad on occasion.

  2. #2NH575E2023-10-08 10:20

    The light on my NH comes on sometimes at low idle. As long as it goes out when I throttle up I don't worry about it.

  3. #3Acecadet2023-10-08 13:51

    I was a bit low on my pressures. I looked them up this morning.

  4. #4RickyJ1082023-10-16 07:59

    Did you change the filter if so did you use a factory one or aftermarket? I had an old Case 680L I used an aftermarket hydraulic filter and it was causing to much restriction causing my hyd light to come on.