Anybody have an idea what size socket I'm going to need for the lug nuts on my '89 Ford L9000? It's out in a gravel pit and I don't have much for big tools. I'm going to have to borrow or rent some tools to take out there with me and hope I've got the right one. It's an hour drive one way. I'm guessing it's somewhere around an inch and a half but not sure. :Banghead
1 1/2 is budd outer nut size, I believe 13/16 square on the inner lug nut. hub pilot are 33mm (1 5/16 works) 8 stud hub pilot I believe are 1 1/2 525
I probably should have mentioned it's on the front of the truck.
1 1/2 budd, 33mm (1 5/16 ) hub piloted
Thanks man..........'preciate it. Now the fun starts. The axle is about 6 or 8 inches off the ground and I don't have a big enough floor jack. My plan is to block it up as best I can and then dig a hole under the tire to get it off the truck. I'm sure it's been done many times before. Just makin' due with what I got.
Don't forget the left side has left handed threads and the right side has right handed threads.
drive it onto a block of wood,to get the jack under it
y'all forgot it may be dayton wheels it is in michigan
If they are daytons or spoke wheels it is 1 and a quarter inch. sorry my question mark and back slash key just quit working along with the key for the last letter of the alphabet lol
Really? I didn't know that, thanks. It's the drivers side, so left hand threads. Good to know.
I didn't want to drive it because the beads broke and I didn't want to damage the tire. Plus my biggest floor jack is only a 3 ton. I guess I could go buy a bottle jack but I'd have to dig a hole to get it under the axle.
I don't get it???? I'm just a dumb Yooper
if they are spoke wheels they are all right hand and it is always best to vizually check the threads because if the studs have ever been changed they may have been replaced with whatever was on hand. I have personally done this so bring a wire brush along and make sure what thread direction they are
Oh ya, will definitely be checking for left or right hand threads. Made that mistake a long time ago on a car and broke off 3 studs before I figured it out (told you I was just a dumb yooper)
Bring 2 12ton bottle jacks start with one under the spring or whatever til you can get the other under the axle beam. you should be good to go then.
Good idea there RZ........and my son lives in Medical Lake. He talks about Moses Lake.
If it is a decent tire you arent going to hurt it by driving it carefuly onto some blocks
Weve got some good sand dunes and really good bird hunting.
Here's a pic.......what kind of wheels are these?
White ones
Standard Budd wheels. inch and a half socket for the front.
Thank god.......I was worried for a while there...damn cheeseheads....
Thanks, that's what I thought but wasn't sure.