Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

lull with blown motor

rmover ยท 2015-07-17 20:00

I bought a lull 688 motor blown stuck in mud with boom in air mast half covering motor. The motor is no problem for me I can fix that I need help moving the boom and mast so I can pull motor any help would be great thanks in advance .

Replies1
  1. #1Delmer2015-07-17 23:23

    Willie will be along eventually with the definitive answer. Not being familiar with a 688, I'd try cranking the engine and see if you can get the hydraulics to work. Maybe rig a switch so you can operate the starter with the rest of the machine in "run". Only use the starter for 5 seconds at a time with a couple minutes in between. Other possibilities, lift the boom with a different machine etc. remove cylinders and lower boom. Or supply hydraulic power from separate machine to run the dead one.