Any one here know of any after market or used Mack dealers. THe company I work for runs a 72,78 and 89 Mack DM sidewinders roll offs. We had Mack tell us a few years ago that Volvo was phasing out the older truck parts lines. THe owner of the company we landfill for likes the older trucks and that wasnt a problem as a used Mack dealer was 22 miles away. He recently scrtapped his inventory as hes switching to newer trucks. We didnt know he was scrapping it or we yould have bought a few rears and a few body parts. Ive bought a few motors and we have 2 of them being built now. I cant even get a tach for the 89. THe owner of the company likes older machinery and had us rebuild these trucks from the ground up. He doesnt care what it costs to keep them around. I alo have some other friends that run R models that might need parts one day.
I don't know if this will be helpful or not. There's a company in West Palm Beach, Florida called J.W. Cheatham Inc. 561-471-4100. They have always been partial to Mack, it is possible they have some out-of-service trucks in their yard they might be willing to part-out. You could also contact Hardrives Paving Inc. in Delray Beach, Florida 561-278-0456 they too have always been partial to Mack and might also have some out-of-service trucks to part-out. Hope this helps...
There is a guy that is 5 min. down the road that parts out older macks. If he doesn't have 60 trucks avalable he doesn't have one. I'll try to find his number tomarow.
I have two Mack RB's I am ready to part with if he is interested.