Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Made a door myself

Ronnestrand · 2018-01-31 03:54

Hi everyone I just wanted to show you how I did. Cheap, simple and rugged solution and I used: 14 mm lexan Some modified door hinges Seal Cost 190 USD

Replies17
  1. #1thepumpguysc2018-01-31 04:26

    Wow.. that's a good lookin door right there.. how about a side pic so we can judge the thickness w/o getting out the calipers. lol Thanks

  2. #2Delmer2018-01-31 09:11

    9/16" Pumpguy, don't you work on import cars?

  3. #3Ronnestrand2018-01-31 11:50

    Thank you. I choose the thickest lexan they had so I didn't have to make a frame for stability So from now on I'm warm and safe!

  4. #4thepumpguysc2018-01-31 11:57

    "I" know what 14mm looks like.. I was thinkin about everyone else.. I'm kool like that..

  5. #5mitch5042018-01-31 12:04

    yeah.....

  6. #6xgiovannix122018-01-31 18:27

    gonna need a wiper if your doing snow removal

  7. #7Ronnestrand2018-02-01 07:00

    Yes! Wiper and a handle. Its an amazing snow removal machine. 95xt, heavy duty 8,2 fot blade, chains. Question, I am obsessed with the thought of bigger tires. Want better floatation, ground clearance, more speed, softer ride, perhaps get rid of the chains. The machine is so heavy, it bogs down in the field, just sucks. So what other machines beside skid steers have the same bolt pattern? The case dealers can't find anything Only problem I can think of is the height for the attachments is going to have to be modified. Any advice? Thank you guys!

  8. #8mitch5042018-02-01 09:30

    keep in mind, bigger tires will be like being in a higher gear, more speed, less power

  9. #9Ronnestrand2018-02-01 11:17

    Yes I know. But the machine Is powerful, think its 85hp. I got fot and handkontroll too

  10. #10m_ice2018-02-01 21:02

    http://www.westsidetire.net/index.htm

  11. #11crane operator2018-02-01 22:29

    I think there is a guy who pushes snow up in alaska that has put bigger tires on a skid loader. Dwan Hall? If I remember right he had a huge old bobcat skid that they fitted with semi truck tires, on custom built rims.

  12. #12Ronnestrand2018-02-02 14:23

    Did not find anything on him.. Cant find any rims that fit so I'm going to have to make my on bolt pattern on bigger rims

  13. #13crane operator2018-02-02 16:59

    HeavyEquipmentForums Post #7 He's running 10.00r20 on a budd rim (maybe custom rim or adaptor), He may have been able to drill new holes in a small hole budd rim to match the holes in the axle.

  14. #14Delmer2018-02-02 20:24

    8 bolt rims with a 6" center? that's real common in ag equipment, you should be able to find the rims you need easy enough here. I don't know what you've got available there farm wise, and what you'd have to pay. I'd have to pay about $100 each or find them at a salvage yard on a mid size manure spreader or gravity box.

  15. #15m_ice2018-02-03 19:14

    The link above has skid snow tires and wheel combos. Also wolf paws which are marketed by Snow Wolf. The west side 1's ride better, are faster (because of more tire height), and it's night and day difference from stock tires.

  16. #16m_ice2018-02-03 19:20
  17. #17Ronnestrand2018-02-06 10:22

    [QUOTE=" Post #7 He's running 10.00r20 on a budd rim (maybe custom rim or adaptor), He may have been able to drill new holes in a small hole budd rim to match the holes in the axle.[/QUOTE] Now we're talking! That is 41" high tire, the tire I'm looking at now is a 385/65R22.5. 42" tall tire from trucks, cheap and available. Just a moment ago I find a company who makes 11.75x22.5 rim with 8bolt/6"center That means my skid is going to do 15 mph if my math is correct. Also it enhances the ground pressure with 65% if my math is again correct Thanks for the respons and backup, if I lived in the U.S it would't be a problem.. Sweden is small and everybody drives Volvo Other machines in the family is also very, very Swedish Ljunby L11 Åkerman H7 Lundbergare 341