Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Manaul for Hitaxhi EX 50-URG

captain charlie · 2010-01-12 20:58

Anybody have a manual for a Gray Market Hitachi EX 50 URG. Its a 1992ish model. I have a Parts Book (not alot of help) for this machine but would really like to get a Operators manual or any other books available. I also have the manual for the 3 banger Isuzu engine. New, Used or Photo Copied would be a big help. Next dumb question is: What does the URG mean? Regards Charlie S

Replies14
  1. #1thebig450es2010-01-12 21:21

    idk how close the PC50uu-1 is?

  2. #2captain charlie2010-01-13 11:46

    I think they are pretty close. Does your machine have a 3 cyl. Isuzu engine and Uchida Hydromatik pump on it.

  3. #3strott2010-01-13 13:56

    Generally as you may of noticed URG is Hitachi's designation for a short/zero tailswing excavator. As for what URG actually means I think it is something like Ultra Radius G....... (anybody help??!!

  4. #4haveit_getit2010-05-29 00:20

    I have the same machine and need a manual, going to rebuild the engine, has some blue smoke and a little short on pushing power, slight overheating when pushing, can dig and move two ton rocks with ease, If I can get another 5 to 8 h/p out of the engine it should push ok, if not I will install a variable displacement pump, not sure but think it has a gear pump

  5. #5Hendrik2010-05-30 19:16

    I am pretty sure that URG stands for zero swing and off set boom feature. They also made a EX50U that has no off set boom feature. Far as manuals go, this is a bit pricey http://www.autoepc4you.com/catalog/view/?id=373 and I would advise you to do your homework before parting with your dollars. Looks like a Russian site.

  6. #6captain charlie2010-05-30 23:16

    I checked with those guys. He said they only had the parts book. Already got that, I have a manual for the Isuzu engine also, but still looking for the proper Ex 50 URG manual. I managed to get a hold of three different manuals so far,one for a EX 60urg a 50u and a 40, so i just interpolated what i need seems to work plus all the good people here (what a weath of information you guys are great) Slowly putting it all together in one book. The next owner will pretty much have a complete manual. What a pain though go figure all these gray market machines and no manuals.

  7. #7farmerboy2010-07-16 12:14

    Hello everybody, I am in the same boat, gray market, no manual. I have a Cat MM555R midi excavator. It is close to a Cat 305. The engine is a Mitsubishi K4N 2.294. I have to replace the front idler as I have little power in my right track. I have a picture and part #'s from a Cat mechanic friend but he says there is <60% chance it will bolt on. Also problems with throttle control to be determined. Any source of manual especially with measured spec drawings would sure help so I know how much machine shop is required. Anyone who can help with their personal experience or manuals for machine or engine would be very appreciated. Thanks from the farmerboy.

  8. #8alex3shoes2012-03-20 14:23

    Hi there. I also have the same excavator. Have you had any luck in finding manuals?

  9. #9AmberDanyell2017-05-26 12:53

    I'm in desperate need of parts manual for the hitachi Ex50urg. My dad purchased one and we've been on a roller coaster trying to get things fixed or even finding it. We need a new piston for it, if anyone knows where to find them. The markings on the piston are "B2021". I've been attempting to help the best as I can. Unfortunately we do not know the year either.

  10. #10captain charlie2017-05-30 00:40

    I have parts, service/operators manuals and the Isuzu engine service manual for the 2 or 3 AB1 engine.

  11. #11Rgauthier2018-07-18 09:53

    Hi Captain Charlie, I’m Captain Randy. I run boats at the mouth of the Mississippi River in Louisiana. I have a Ex50urg. I just changed out my swing motor and also my main pump. Everting went back working but my swing won’t swing. It sat up about two years waiting to find parts. I think it’s a stuck valve that’s in bypass somehow. Do you have any manuals on a 50urg? I’d sure appreciate any help.

  12. #12bp rockfinder2020-04-06 20:31

    Good day Sir. I have just aquired an ex50urg. i was told by the seller it is an 88 model I am looking for parts manuals and any other manuals as I am a newbe to heavy machines. Do you still have the manuals you mentioned in your post?

  13. #13bp rockfinder2020-04-06 20:32

    Did you find the manuals you were looking for? I am needing the sme ones for my ex50urg.

  14. #14WI Farmer2024-02-25 10:45

    I seen in an old post that you have manuals for a ex50urg... Would you be interested in sharing? Any help would be greatly appreciated.