Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Manitowoc 14000 Excavating Foundation

Cat 328d lcr ยท 2009-12-20 13:44

YouTube - Manitowoc 14000 Excavating Foundation

Replies8
  1. #1BigIron252009-12-24 15:15

    NICE!!! i like how they use an ADT dump bed. I dont believe i have ever seen a 14000 with a counterwieght arrangement like that. is that custom for the project or an order option by manitowoc?

  2. #2captcws2009-12-28 13:58

    Looks kinda normal to me

  3. #3bill53622009-12-28 20:43

    Good find thanks for posting.... The ADT bed is a good idea I haven't seen one use like that before, good thinking.

  4. #4Cat 328d lcr2009-12-28 20:45

    I honestly don't know. Most 14000's I seen have a total of 8 weights, 4 on both sides

  5. #5Buckethead2009-12-29 12:42

    That's interesting, I don't know. Different counterweight arrangements for different boom lengths would be my guess. You would have to look at the chart for that particular crane to know for sure. Or call Manitowoc, but they would probably need a serial # to give you a definite answer.

  6. #6godfather2010-01-11 17:49

    Probably a "Series 1" counterweight configuration due to "duty-cycle" type work.

  7. #7godfather2010-01-11 18:06

    Yep. Checked the specs. Six side boxes and no center box = Series 1.

  8. #8poclainshovel2010-01-11 19:59

    godfarther !! It is the "series 1" !! John !!