Not having luck again, on my search for pictures of the ever elusive Marion 204-M. Goggled it,cried,slammed head on table but still no photos.Did find a model of one...but no real photos of it. Was it built in so few numbers that they just aren't around present day ? A oddly designed shovel that has my attention.Unfortunately can't find pictures. You have any to share ? Slagpot
Have a look here: http://forums.dhsdiecast.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1088689 Kerst
Slagpot, when you say you found a model of one, do you mean you found one for sale, or found pictures of one? If you found one for sale, would you mind sending me the details in a PM if you're not interested?
you guys may go broke but you can try looking for a model at this site. they have just about every machine model I would guess, hope it helps. http://www.constructionscalemodels.com/index.aspx
Thanks for the help, but I already know Buffalo Road doesn't have one.
Marion 204 M photos Slagpot, Here are some photos of a 204-M Superfront that used to operate where I work. A few of the guys here worked on it and remember it fondly. I am in a Coal Operation in the Hunter Valley, NSW Australia.
Well, that is unique. A phrase comes to mind, to borrow from HEF member Tuney "Just because you are unique does not mean you are useful" I am left wondering how a group of experts came up with the idea to reduce weight of the front by making it WAY more complex. Looks to me like a very high maintenance unit compared to the P&H in the background.
Thanks Wolf, Now thats neat ! I've heard of them but never seen pictures of them. Thank you for taking the time to upload pictures. Greetings from across the pond... Man that beast is cool looking. I agree looks more complex than needs to be. I bet she could take some abuse though.
must of been a goverment made machine. took something simple and complecated it.
hello there are some pictures from the scale modell of the marion 204m. best regrads klaus
hello i hope you can see the picture now. best regards klaus
Klaus, Wonderful looking machine you have there Klaus ! Who is the maker ? Marion couldn't have sold very many of these shovel's in my humble opinion. Designed way way over engineered. Slagpot
Buckfever, I agree with you on this hands down. I always like the K.I.S.S design theory {Keep It Simple Stupid }, it worked well with Alco,mack caterpillar,general electric ect. Slagpot
hello the modell is from my collection and it was made by atm from france. i think there are only 25 are made. the where made between 1995 and 2000. best regrads klaus
This link will take you to a video I made while working at the OK TEDI mine in Papua New Guinea, circa 1991-1996 http://www.youtube.com/user/msjvista?feature=mhsn
204M Superfront Good pictures of the old beast. Is this the one that was orifinally in the US? I wonder if any of the ones we put into Siberia are still in one piece?
I make working models of earthmovers. I wish to make a Marion 204. Anybody with any pictures or information please contact me at [email protected] . I am particularly intersted in contacting anybody with first hand experience of the machine, either as a driver, or engineer. Regards Mark Clevedon UK
I am making a Meccano 1/25 model of a Marion 204 Superfront. Does the crowd motor sit up near the drum or it driven from within the machinery house? I think the motor is probably near the the drum up on top of the machinery house. I am interested in any photo's of the Superfronts, I know some were taken at Ulan Coal in Australia. I am particularly interested in conversing with any drivers or engineers of Superfronts. My e mail is [email protected] regards Mark Bridle Clevedon UK