Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Red River Floodway expansion pictures

245dlc ยท 2010-03-21 11:59

A few years ago I had some time off when the Floodway expansion project was in full swing so I drove to highway 59 north with my camera and got some pictures of the project. Lots of Cat 385's, 365's, and I think they had some 350's too. Lots of old Terex rock trucks and some new Cat D8's too.

Replies7
  1. #1JimBruce422010-03-21 15:31

    Some real great photos there. Do you have a direct link to your photobucket album?

  2. #2tbaytrucker2010-03-29 21:48

    i work for that company, that was a big job, well a big job for them, around 2 million yards 3-385c 1-365 2- 350 2-330 4-d8 2-d6 1d-5 and a few front end loaders upwards of 20 trucks ranging from 30-60 ton haul trucks and 25-40 volvo and cats most of those old t-rexs and euclids have been replaced with a40d's or newer eh-1000's 245dlc were back in winnipeg working on the new manitoba hydro reil station development between deacons corner and dugald road should be starting up soon

  3. #3245dlc2010-03-29 21:51

    Yeah I hauled gravel to that one last fall. That's a huge job I tried e-mailing an application to that company you work for 'cause I wanna get back in the saddle and out of the gravel truck. But I never did get a call from them.

  4. #4tbaytrucker2010-03-29 21:54

    no suprise, you need to talk to them directally, they could be a hard company to work for, but if your good its worth it, they have done some pretty cool jobs

  5. #5245dlc2010-03-29 21:56

    Yeah I saw they're internet website, I've also got my name in with the outfit that's building the hydro dam in northern Manitoba, that one would be really cool to work for.

  6. #6tbaytrucker2010-03-29 21:57

    ya i heard there building a few of them up there, its a massive project

  7. #7245dlc2010-03-29 22:00

    Well right now they've got one going up, they haven't announced if another will be built right after but apparently the outfit doing the earth work or in this case rock work is from Quebec.