I am sure it has been discussed somewhere on this forum. I guess I missed it. Heard a little about it on TV when it happened but didnt get all the details and still may have a one sided story. But on the History channel (I think) the other night they were showing major disastors. And they had film of the gentleman from Granby(I think) Colo. With his big Cat in action. I wonder how much more of the town he would have destroyed if he had not droped one track in a basement hole and high centered it. To bad a person is pushed into a box where he feels he has no way out. I dont think I would want a cement plant locating next to me either but I wouldnt end my life for it. They said they cut the dozer up. I wonder who got that job and, who paid for it. Was it sold for scrap? :beatsme
Hey!!! Don't insult the guy...at least he was smart enough to use a Komatsu! The dozer, by the way, was a Komatsu D355A. Slightly larger than a D9H, but not quite a D10. I saw that show as well. Can you imagine how sick someone has to be to actually spend all that time constructing a beast like that? From what I understand, he actually slept in a room just off the covered bay in which he built the machine. Freakin' whack job... Tony
Yes I guess it was a Komatsu. I just wonder what drove him to the point of thinking that would solve any thing. Just think of the time and money he spent constructing it. It would be intersting to talk to someone who was really close to him to see what he really had on his mind.
Heres the thread. I think the dozer overheated because of all the armour.
I figured there would be a thread somewhere on it. Thanks. Intersting reading.
You would think that they would be smart enough to know that bulldozers push scrapers!!
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums Deere9670! :drinkup