Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Mechanic near Wittenberg to look over potential mini ex purchase

fujam · 2025-01-27 19:07

Hello, I’m looking for a reputable tech I might be able to hire to look over a machine ( 2013 Takeuchi TB180) I’m interesting in in Wittenberg, Wisconsin. I realize this is a long shot, but I’m wondering if anyone has experience with someone they can recommend to me? Thanks ahead of time. Best, jamie

Replies4
  1. #1PeterG2025-02-01 17:12

    The biggest concern with the early TB180 are problems with the main pivot stick pins. Who is selling it? If it was a United Rental, and you have the rental number, they can give the service history. United rental often replace those bushing parts before they sell them off. Posting a lot of images here of the machine with the machine asking price, years and hours can tell a lot. If the machine is exactly what you want, the price with delivery is good, and you have 5k for service and maintenance once you get the machine, then it's probably a good deal. Who's the dealer?

  2. #2PeterG2025-02-01 17:16

    Note: there are some United rentals TB280's for sale $47K here in the Seattle are.

  3. #3Acoals2025-02-01 17:28

    Generally speaking, the dealer in Wittenburg that advertises nationally has generally sketchy stuff. I haven't actually bought anything there, but have looked at a couple and wasn't impressed. A lot of ratted out equipment that they seem to think are gold. For whatever that's worth . . .

  4. #4fujam2025-02-01 18:54

    Thanks for the replies. I appreciate everyone’s time. I’ve attached a link to the advertisement in question. I have to say after watching the video of the machine which might only be posted on their website… can’t remember, I’m concerned about the hydraulic whine but don’t have enough experience to really know. I’m kinda leaning towards something else maybe a bit bigger without the boom pivot which I don’t think I’ll need and creates more wear and failure points. I’m also looking at a grey market Kobelco sk135sr from 2007, but am wary of parts and support. The machine is supposedly owned by a construction company in California but they are hanging it up and selling off the machines. Anyways I’m not in a huge hurry but hope I can find something decent in the next couple of months. I’m hoping to stay around 40k which I know doesn’t give me access to the best options but hoping it’s enough to get something decent. 2013 TAKEUCHI TB180FR For Sale in Wittenberg, Wisconsin 2013 TAKEUCHI TB180FR For Sale in Wittenberg, Wisconsin at MachineryTrader.com. 4 cyl Yanmar 3.3L eng @ 60 hp, hyd offsetting boom, pattern selector valve, 90" blade, 11'1" boom, 6' 7" stick, 7' 6" wide, 9' 1" high, 11' 2" base length, 20' 9" overall length www.machinerytrader.com