Jerry, some photos of some spider work I did this past summer/fall. Working at 12,700 feet Telluride, Colorado- Revelation Bowl ski lift.
Some more.
Few more.
The average slope was 47-50 degree. 100% of the concrete for foundations was flown in by helicopter along with form materials, re-bar and then all the towers. It was a hike-in/ hike-out every day job. Brian
Very nice keepem comming
Awesome picture and work you do. Interesting pic of how you check for oil leaks also Thanks for sharing:usa
River work-Cleaning debri out of the river above the dam.
Good ole Telluride! Beautifull country, but to yuppie-fied for my redneck side! I spent a couple months down there this fall working at the airport. I posted a few pics on here in the excavator section under 5110 and 605 Komatsus. I was staying in the condo by that dam you were cleaning out behind. Small world!! Jason
WOW! beautiful shots, incredible work. you do understand that you are nuts, don't you?
Jason-Telluride is Beautiful. I agree with you to yupie-fied for me too and dang expensive!!
nice pics
No argument from me on the hike part thats for sure! Did you have a snowcat or some sort of access road that would take you to the top? Just from the pictures it looks as though there isn't anything but you up there! Great Pics! I wish it was that beautiful in Fort Collins, Co.
I loved Telluride back in the seventies and eighties. Way laid back and inexpensive at the time. Started going bad when Aspen and Vail got built up. Telluride was "discovered" and the ruin was on. I doubt I'd recognize the place today. Beautiful drive there and on down to Ricco and Delores from Montrose or Ouray. Excepting in the winter....... Neat working in the mountains, almost always very pretty in summer. Spent a month over in Mt Crested Butte one year patching roads and laying down new asphalt. Fishing was good up above Gothic.
how did they get the supplies and concrete up to you?
...
didn't see that caption...thanks
Well it looks like Brian now has some competition in the "WHO CAN PUT THEIR MACHINE IN THE CRAZIEST PLACE" category.
Brian Thanks for sharing with us. Beautiful place to work. Challenging jobs are more fun. Post above, 95zIV is talking about Brian Hay, our other resident spider hoe expert out of Canada. Merry Christmas
sweet pics!!!! thats an impressive machine, my two favorite things moving dirt and skiing
those spider hoes are crazy,that is a whole new world to me,i have yet to see one in person,my brother had some work done at his house in oregon by a spider hoe.i have never seen one in utah.
Sweet Pictures. I'm curious if you lost much engine power from working at that high of altitude?
The picture is good. And i seldom see an excavator with undercarriage like that.
Yup them's crazy CS
Do you have 2 spider hoes?? I ask because the one on the mountain it looks as if the windows are tinted and the one in the creek is not?
great pics of telluride, i skied there about 15 years ago, im not a yuppie however i had a great time there, brilliant skiing, not many people there and a very historic place, the locals told me that was where butch cassidy and sundance robbed their first bank..
Changed tires and mounted the winch? Shurely looks like two different hoes.
two different hoes its two different hoes,compare booms in pic#1 and #7.booms are totally different
Nice pics. Looks like real interesting work.
The differences between those two machines are: The one in the first 4 posts has what looks like a heater/AC unit on the roof, tint, and the tires on the walking sides are a funky design. The machine in the seventh post has no unit on the roof, no tint and the industrial tires on the walking side. Both machines have the winch and the same style of extending boom on it.
Very nice pics and machine!! I am curious that how comes such a compact body creat so much power both for the four leg kickstand and boom use. What is the brand and hp/kw of this hoe's Engine.
This pic was so creazy!! and I doubt if the operator heart beat speed doubled...... Seriously, is that dangerous for a operator?
Could it be the same machine after a couple of punctures, a/c fitted and tint added. I think I'd like to start with a bit of paddling before I went mountain climbing. Hitch, Seriously, is that dangerous for a operator? only if you dont know what your doing or the machine rolls down the hill side hopefully he's has got a winch secured somewhere, but looking at the picture I cant start to imagine where.
They are two different machines. Both are Menzi Muck A91's. The difference one is a 4x4 the other is two wheel drive. The two wheel drive machine was set up with a/c and tint. The machines have the same boom and both have winches. The machine is built in Switzerland. Powered by a 140 hp John Deere.
ops :woohoo HE GOT 2 Wicked, 1 is but 2 :drinkup yu da man :yup
Great pictures from a Fantastic location. Can't explain how envious I am of you! I would love the chance to get to grips with one of them Menzi machines, it must certainly make every day interesting. A couple of lovely machines and i'm certain I even spotted a powertilt strapped to one, if it had a Tiltrotator fitted it would surely be the icing on the cake. You should write on the Doors 'Average Operators Need Not Apply!':notworthy:notworthy Any chance of some pics of the control arrangement? Thanks Eddie.
Did you have any pics of the machine being carried in by the helo? At least thats how i'm guessing you got it there...
Naw! doubt it, just drove right on up there, see the tyre marks where he came back down digging the bases as he came :notworthy
Do you keep both hoes busy? Seems like that would be a hard machine to find work for. Or is it just simpler to have two because you work in such remote areas?
:drinkupThink id be to busy admiring the veiw to do any work
Eddie I'll post a few pictures of the controls. Stumpjumper, Atlasrob is right-just walked it up there. LT-x7, I am back down to one Menzi. Kept the 4x4, the two wheel drive went to Florida. The machine has its place (steep slope, river work, etc). It is a specialized machine so I travel wherever it is requested. Most of my work is in remote areas where impact is the primary concern. Ais construction in Carpinteria, California has five Kaiser spiders and keeps them pretty busy.:drinkup
:notworthy:notworthy i want !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!