Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What type of Bucket do you perfer.

312King ยท 2008-12-22 19:03

So I got the check from Insurance to buy a new bucket and frost tooth. They gave me $8650, for a new bucket and a frost tooth. Heres the problem I want to buy another central fab but there so much more then everyone else. I called rockland, CP, and USA attachments. They all say there quailty is as good as Central fab. So what you guys think Rockland http://www.rocklandmfg.com/excavator/bucket_index.htm Central fab http://www.woodsequipment.com/content.aspx?id=12569&ekmensel=41a6502d_327_333_12569_1 CP http://www.cpbuckets.com/ USA Attachments http://www.excavatorthumb.com/eb24-33k.html Any suggestions would be greatly appraciated. Thanks Brett

Replies8
  1. #1Red Bank2008-12-22 20:15

    I am partial to USA Attachments, those guys are about 10 minutes from my house and I have used their buckets on all of our mini's and had them modify the front blades on the mini's. They are a great bunch of guys. I will be honest, we have not had to replace buckets on our EX200 yet, but as far as the mini's go we were wearing out buckets in a year per mini. USA-A let me spec out what I wanted and now I am getting longer life out of the buckets. Again I know my experience has been with mini's, but I really believe in their buckets and any problems that can pop up I know they will take care of it and stand behind their products.

  2. #2312King2008-12-22 20:59

    I talked to him at about 12 today. Straight forward bunch of guys. Thanks for the input. I just want to get the best bang for my buck.:usa

  3. #3stock2008-12-23 01:45

    Would love to help but havent used any of those makes over here it would be Geith, Easco,Tighe, Millar,Schoop etc,etc.

  4. #4rino14942008-12-23 06:35

    We've had great luck with Geith buckets.

  5. #5roddyo2008-12-23 10:16

    Best Buckets I have run Geith and Esco on my excavators and have a CP bucket on my Backhoe. All are good buckets. My favorite is the Geith. I don't know if they are the best or not.:beatsme Maybe I just like the Name.

  6. #6fireman0502008-12-26 23:10

    i use esco

  7. #7Deereman2008-12-27 15:02

    I like both CP/tag and esco. geith seems to make a good backhoe bucket and small excavator up to a 160 size. Every thing in the 350DLC size and up tend to ware faster for some reason.

  8. #8roddyo2008-12-27 16:05

    Geith Buckets That might be why I like Geith Buckets, a 210 is as big as it gets around my house.