Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

MF165 excavated after 3,5 months under snow

ITW · 2019-03-10 17:50

I had to get my MF165 out of the snow when I got trouble with the clutch on my MF240. Only problem the MF165 is under 3 meters of snow

Replies12
  1. #1Hobbytime2019-03-10 18:17

    not for nothing you should be held accountable for equipment abuse....to let a piece of equipment be and stay buried in snow like that...that will destroy it in short time...I guess you dont value what you own much...

  2. #2ITW2019-03-10 18:25

    I agree not good for the equipment, the mini dumpers have good engine covers so I think they are ok but the tractor shud have been moved some times during the winter The mini dumpers I normally have in storage inside during winter but due to projects taking up space inside they got parked outside. But now they are going in

  3. #3ITW2019-03-10 18:31

    Actually used the MF165 to day clearing som snow with the bucket worked great -11 celsius her noe and it started with no extra heating

  4. #4petepilot2019-03-10 19:20

    twice in my life i have been in a similar situation with road tractors once in minn. & once in mass. sometimes there`s not a hell of a lot you can do about it

  5. #5Queenslander2019-03-10 19:40

    As a teenager, a 165 was the first tractor I drove with power steering.. I thought it was like a limousine. Never had one buried in snow though....come to think of it, I’ve never even seen snow.

  6. #6ITW2019-03-10 20:21

    Never seen snow wow This one also have av power steering and that is actually somthing I need to fix on it becaus it leaks oil in too the engine so it's probably an seal. So I just fill engine oil on the servo so I don't damage the engine. It's almost impossible to steer without the servo. The MF240 dosent have servo but with the snowblower on its no problem almost no weight on the wheels

  7. #7Queenslander2019-03-11 03:54

    Another bit of useless information, I was a student at the Qld. Ag. College, or QAC, when I drove the 165. Among the fleet of 30 or 40 tractors that the college had, was a MF188, the 1000000th tractor to come off the Massey Ferguson assembly line. It was kinda special, so not many students got to drive it.

  8. #8Don.S2019-03-11 19:29

    Why is that equipment abuse? Snow is not wet unless it melts. No salt in there to rot everything. I dont see how that could be any worse then having a machine parked outside and having rain on it

  9. #9GregsHD2019-03-12 12:53

    The sun is what does the most damage, I figure the snow was protecting it! As long as there is no way to allow water in where you don't want it, I don't see it as abuse. Of course It's an old school tractor, try leaving a 2019 model under the snow like that, good chance the plastic/electronic garbage wouldn't run!

  10. #10ITW2019-03-13 07:44

    This tractor have lived all it's life outside winter and summer, maby not under so much snow before. But I'm in the process setting it back together now, have the 3 point lift back on now, it had an digging attachment when i bought it. Used it yesterday for digging some snow with the frontloader and it works great, so as soon I need to fix the electrical on it and than it's ready for the snowblower. Will be an new video of me fixing it also

  11. #11oceanobob2019-03-17 08:21

    Do the buckets have a plastic edge to avoid scarring pavement, curbs, and the occasional tractor?

  12. #12ITW2019-03-18 06:48

    He he maby I should get an bucket with plastic edge for the future Actually I never hit the paint, and it's ready for an repaint also in the summer.