Here are some more dirt pics of todays venture with dad, hopefully some actions shots soon.
More Pics .....
Never saw a 143H Motorgrader, or a D8L Dozer before. It shows how ling I've been in the business! Nice pics!:scool
Nice looking stuff. I too am a little curious about the 143H, but the 8L looks pretty sharp for an L. I've seen plenty of N's in worse shape.
I'm thinking the 8 got a dupont overhaul, still they did a nice job of that. Look photos as always Nolan:usa
Not a doubt in my mind, original decals and paint schemes for L's don't look like that. Who knows, they might have actually overhauled something mechanical and in the process freshened up the paint a little while they were at it. It does look good, though.
Good looking iron, what are they building there? It looks kind of out in the sticks in the pics background.
Thanks fellas, they are constructing 5.11 miles of new 4 lane divided highway.
What part of Ohio are they in?
That's one nice looking D8L. Now where's Burnout to comment on the 375's...wait, are those ropes holding the counterweight on or what are they doing there?
I think they are part of teh counterweight removal device that lifts it into place or drops it to teh ground, but I have no idea why it's outside of the counterweight like that.:beatsme I mean ususally they stay between the firewall and the counterweight, not flopped outside like that....
Yeah, I remeber seeing the device on the 385 you guys at AAM had a while back :beatsme...can we get an expert?
Some good looking equipment I do like that 8L alot must be a Cat used deal , as far as I know the 8L's only had the C logo in their days , That 143H I believe is an all wheel drive deal they also did a 163H
nice looking iron.
It must be good digging since the crawlers don't have rippers. Never see that here, we have hardpan layers in most areas ( the ripper tooth smokin kind )
ok everybody.... here I go on the 375 comments.....:drinkup I have an idea on why the counterweight chains are outside the frame on that machine.... I believe their going to pick it up with a crane and swing it into a large body of water and let it sink. Yeah that is a sexy lookin 8L though... That's not a RB overhaul, it wouldn't look so nice. I mean heck they even went far enough to paint the cab black so it would look like a newer machine.
:drinkup:lmao:laugh:idea
Northwest Ohio, more specifically just south of Liberty Center, Ohio. The material here is not rocky, nice digging so no need for ripping for what there doing.