hi i was looking for a mini in the 3 to 5 ton range so as evryone i was looking at the kubota but bring 6 ft and 300 lbs nice machine but small cab i can t operate the foot controle propely with my size 14 boots then the cat but little pricy for me then i try john deere aka yellow hitachi and i love it but don t relly like the dealer then i saw on the cx by case but in say made in japan and they look very hitachi ish to me didint had the chanse to get up close with it so do somebody know if the case cx are made by another compangy like hitachi make jd excavator and mitsubichi made cat mini ex back in the day thanks
Your info is correct. All Case and Link Belt hoes are identical today and made by Sumitomo in Japan. As far as cab size goes, I'm 6'4" and 280 as well, there isn't a compact machine smaller than an 8 ton made that we fit into well. When I worked with my dad we had a 304CCR. I always ran the pedals with my hands.
From the early 2000's to just recently the Case minis were made by Kobelco. I'm not sure if they still are made by Kobelco today or not. I think you'll find most minis, no matter who makes em' , will make a man of your stature a bit tight.
Thanks Tags. Do you know where the cutoff is? I'm just wondering because I had a guy ask me about a 145. That machine should be Case/Sumi right?
I think Summitoma took over at the 17-18000 pound class, I think that's a cx75? There is a small chance the 75 was a rebadged link belt but I could be way off on that.
Well, wherever the cutoff is, I believe the only difference between Case and L/B anymore is the paint color and model number. It used to be engine, but since the B came out, they both have Isuzu.
thanks for all your input so far kubota kx 121-3 relly tight cab and i find it kind of tippy when woking on the side the kx 91-3 is more stable but still tight as hell cat 304 and 303 beter then the kubota but a lot more money jd 50d and 35d nice cab space works great my choice to date even if i don t like the local dealer i wil give a go to a case next week any other brand worth testing before buying ?
We have a CX55B a 12,000lb machine at work.Im 6'2 300lb and once I get in the door it's pretty nice.I wear a 13 boot and my feet fit pretty good on the pedals.The also flip up to give more feet room. Very strong machine,we are useing it with a 3ft bucket and it drags it real good.It also has a Hyd thumb on it which I highly recommend!! It uses a Yanmar engine which seems to be a sweet little engine.I got on the machine a year ago with around 200hrs on it and it's got well over 1000hrs on it now.