Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Mini ex business

alexkcl ยท 2006-03-09 15:50

I am thinking of starting a business based around a mini excavator. Who would be the primary people to market to? And whatn would be some of the most profitable attachments or most useful.

Replies4
  1. #1DKinWA2006-03-09 19:56

    I'd look for a market doing something you like. I don't like working around established underground utilities, so I stay away from it. My preference is to work on new single family residence work which involves clearing, septic, foundation digout, finish grading etc, so I try to target folks looking for this kind of work. I guess the point I'm trying to make is, decide what you want to do and then pursue it. When you decide what you want to do, buy the attachments that help you get the job done better and quicker.

  2. #2coopers2006-03-09 21:50

    I agree with DK. If I were ever going to start an excavation business I'd stay away from utility work because I don't like it. So like he said, just figure out what you are interested in and go from there. Blake WA

  3. #3dayexco2006-03-09 22:37

    we love pipe work. it's where we really shine. we prefer sanitary/storm sewer main construction, then water main construction, then site prep...here the site prep dudes are so cut throaty that we'll throw a number in there, but for the most part, get priced out.

  4. #4tuney4432006-03-19 16:55

    I would contact plumbers in your area like Mr. Rooter,Roto-Rooter,etc. Those guys love the minis.If you're by a decent sized city especially with sewer,there's always work.Unfortunately for me,the local Mr. Rooter went out and bought his own iron recently.He never had real plumbers;I'm quite certain he would'nt have any decent operators either. Sorry to rant.