Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

mini excavator with front end loader I.D help

MutsMachines ยท 2016-02-24 22:38

please help id this machine. i think its a cat but cant find it online.

Replies20
  1. #1movindirt2016-02-24 23:30

    Looks like a Homemade brand to me Looks like a old komatsu or mitsubishi that someone lifted the turntable on and fabbed a set of loader arms onto.

  2. #2Scrub Puller2016-02-24 23:50

    Yair . . . Why. What's an application I wonder? Cheers.

  3. #3Ronsii2016-02-25 00:12

    Looks like a lot of fabbing to be homemade... could be I guess, I see the loader is on the sprocket side.

  4. #4maddog2016-02-25 08:15

    That may be the give away of it being a DIY job(?) Wonder why they would put the "loader" on the sprocket side? Interesting machine, wonder if they made the low profile dump truck to go with it

  5. #5mitch5042016-02-25 23:05

    I almost wonder if it wasn't made in the photo shop. I don't think the loader arms would clear the tracks if it was on the other end, the turntable isn't in the center. It doesn't look like the counterweight would clear the uprights the loader arms are mounted to, unless the loader swings too. On edit: there is a logo of a man lifting weights over his head on the side of the machine.

  6. #6ol'stonebreaker2016-02-25 23:14

    Looks to me like the swing is built into the outer boom section, so can we assume the house doesn't swing? Mike

  7. #7mitch5042016-02-25 23:37

    I've seen some minis with that type boom, it offsets, the cylinder isn't long enough to be the swing, and it's double jointed.

  8. #8Scrub Puller2016-02-26 00:01

    Yair . . . It looks like it may swing through one eighty or ninety on the far side of the cab ? ? ? ? Cheers.

  9. #9MutsMachines2016-02-26 21:47

    i thought photo shop to after not finding anything online and looking at the picture more.

  10. #10lantraxco2016-02-27 01:42

    The Japanese make all kinds of odd stuff, and lots of prototype machines. Small picture but looks real to me. Because of the hose routing I would guess the loader turns with the upper. Way too nice for the usual job shop add on, but it could be. I have seen that decal before I *think* it's for an equipment dealer or auction house.

  11. #11MutsMachines2016-02-27 05:33

    I'm pretty sure after showing this to everyone that it's photo shop thanks everyone for looking the concept could be used one day.

  12. #12apetad2016-02-27 12:34

    It's definitely real - I saw one in person in Austin,Texas 1983 but can't remember who made it... It looks a lot like a Komatsu PC38 UU

  13. #13Desertwheeler2016-02-27 13:30

    I don't think it's a photoshop either. I've seen pictures before

  14. #142low4nh2016-03-04 07:49

    I cant remember who makes them usualy red/orange... they are made for doing irrigation work. you can buy it with a giant trencher too.

  15. #15apetad2016-03-28 11:45

    Well, well, well..... Look at the "NEW" Invention, (Thanks to this excellent forum, WE know it's not all that new of an idea now, Don't we?) http://www.equipmentworld.com/cater...World&ust_id=31a2a74b70a7599de2262b47ba0d30d8

  16. #16lantraxco2016-03-28 12:14

    LOL! That's funny, I was thinking exactly the same thing! I think CAT missed the boat on this one, but who knows.

  17. #17MutsMachines2016-03-30 21:07

    my first impression when i seen the picture was CAT. but that one is a different set up then the one in my picture. still could be a cat.

  18. #18pafarmer2016-03-31 18:46

    It's a CAT.....could be very useful for the sparky types out there..back filling trenches etc where the ability to load high isn't required...

  19. #19CM19952016-03-31 19:42

    That's what I thought too Landtraxco. Odd grey market Japanese machine. It looks to be legit.:beatsme

  20. #20Lil' Puss2016-04-13 04:00

    I'm guessing late '80's Mitsubishi/Nissan (pre Caterpillar). And I could sure use one,