Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Mitsubishi mm30sr Fan belt replacment question

kburk ยท 2016-03-30 21:46

Well for starters hello, looks like a great Forum! So I have a older off shore Mitsubishi mm30sr I just blew the fan belt... I started digging in to it but I'm really not sure what I have to remove to get another one installed. Any Ideas would be helpful! Also does anyone know where to get a service manual for the Mitsubishi mm30sr not to say I would read it at first :cool2 lol Thanks Keith

Replies4
  1. #1kburk2016-03-30 23:38

    Ok maybe my question is too broad. I was going to remove the seat and the top plate along with the role cage, roof to get access to the top of the motor so I could fit the belt in and loosen of the alternator. I thought there maybe a quicker way.... I could be wrong. I have had the Excavator for about 7 years and have had to do very little to it.... thank Keith

  2. #2lantraxco2016-03-31 00:17

    Shouldn't have to do all that to change a belt. Never done one myself but I think the air cleaner might have to come off, and maybe there's a plate under the engine so you can reach up from underneath?

  3. #3kburk2016-03-31 14:09

    I totally agree but the bottom is a 3/4" thick steel plate with only small holes for draining the fluids. I'm ripping the excavator down now I'm hoping there is a hidden panel or.... we will see thanks for your reply. Keith

  4. #44x6HeavyMetal2016-04-09 12:26

    Hello neighbor, I have an MM40 and the fan belt can be easily reached by removing the access panel located behind the boom but just in front of the hood.