Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Mom passed away this morning

NikkiM · 2024-08-28 13:47

My mom passed away this morning, got the call within an hour working. I dropped my tools on my bench and my new boss saw it. Told him my mom was rushed to the hospital and he said clock out. Got to the hospital and the doctor walked in with my 3 older brothers and I telling us she did not make it. She had a blood clot in her left leg. She said I was her miracle child, said she wanted a girl after finding out she was pregnant with me.Good thing is my brothers and I have a great support system. It has been tough and boss said have the rest of the week off.She wanted no funeral,creamating her and spreading her ashes over the favorite lake she loved to fish at. Having a celebration of life party for her

Replies28
  1. #1thepumpguysc2024-08-28 13:54

    So sorry for your loss..

  2. #2Deere500a2024-08-28 14:17

    Rough morning sorry for your loss.

  3. #3ps66x42024-08-28 15:17

    Sounds like a wonderful mother, sorry for your loss.

  4. #4NikkiM2024-08-28 15:37

    She was a good mom and it was rough. Now go through her stuff,Dad and her had a will done with a living trust done 30 years ago. Loved to go fishing,know my oldest son will get her fishing stuff

  5. #5thepumpguysc2024-08-28 16:21

    Both me and my wife have an agreement to be cremated and ashes sprinkled at our favorite fishing spot..

  6. #6Welder Dave2024-08-28 17:30

    So sorry for your loss. My dad passed away unexpectedly and it took awhile for it to sink in. Think about him everyday. It gets easier with time so take as much as you need. Remember all the good times and great advice you got.

  7. #7NikkiM2024-08-28 18:04

    Both of my parents are now gone,dad passed 8 years ago.I remember her telling me when she was pregnant with me,was excited to hear she was going to have a girl

  8. #8Vetech632024-08-28 19:43

    Sorry for your loss. Lost my father in February of 2023. Lost my mother this last June 1st. Dad was expected, mom was not. I believe they are much happier and pain free where they are now.

  9. #9CM19952024-08-28 19:53

    Prayers for you and your family. Lost my mom back in 2019.

  10. #10Welder Dave2024-08-29 04:59

    I lost my dad unexpectedly in 1997 and mom in 2019. In a way I'm glad my mom didn't have to learn I was diagnosed with cancer several month's later. It would have been hard on her.

  11. #11Old Doug2024-08-29 08:03

    Sorry for your loss. My mom has been gone 2 years . It wasnt easy but i know she is better off. Its great when they have stuff set up when they go. I need to get a will for myself.

  12. #12kshansen2024-08-29 09:47

    Sad to here about your mom. I lost both about a year apart a few years back and still miss both very much.

  13. #13MarcusZ19672024-08-29 12:03

    Sorry for your loss @NikkiM .

  14. #14Legdoc2024-08-29 21:44

    So sorry to hear about your loss. Been through it with both parents. My condolences.

  15. #15Tinkerer2024-08-30 15:13

    Im sorry to read about your loss. My condolences. You were fortunate to have such a great Mother.

  16. #16Self-Jameel2024-08-31 05:11

    Ma thought are with you brother, sending you Ma deepest condolences.

  17. #17digger242j2024-08-31 06:52

    Also sorry to hear of your loss Nikki. A celebration of life party sounds like something she'd be onboard with.

  18. #18chidog2024-09-01 00:40

    Very sorry for your loss. I'm another been through it with parents.

  19. #19Tim9lives2024-09-01 05:56

    Sorry for your loss. She sounds like she was a neat person. I like her request of the spreading ashes on her favorite fishing spot. It’s always very tough when we lose a parent. That said, I feel we should be greatful if we had good parents. There are many others out there who were not so blessed. Dreadful stories of dreadful parents. So do as she said- celebrate her life and be thankful of your gift.

  20. #20NikkiM2024-09-02 21:30

    She was a neat person in my life. One thing she was proud of me was when I changed my life around at age 16,quit hanging in the wrong crowd learning my lesson and decided to take responsibility after finding out I was pregnant with my oldest son.Saw I knew raising my son was more important while in high school than that bad crowd

  21. #21dkeagle2024-09-02 22:12

    Very sorry for your loss, praying for comfort as you grieve for you and your family.

  22. #22AmishSlimJim2024-09-06 16:29

    RIP

  23. #23uptight excavating2024-09-06 22:19

    Am sorry for your loss. I feel what you are going through. Lost my dad 4 years ago and my mom will be him joining him soon. Life can be cruel.

  24. #24Camshawn2024-09-06 22:39

    Sorry for your loss NikkiM. We both lost our Dad‘s but remember them fondly. They live on in our hearts and memories. Cam and Shawn

  25. #25DMiller2024-09-21 14:20

    So sorry to hear this, dealt with these occurrences with Dad and In Laws in the years before retired, Still sucks regardless how anyone tries to aid.

  26. #26DDoug2024-09-21 14:28

    sorry for your loss. I lost mom in 2016, dad in 2021. This song kinda of brings it home (for me at least). At 3:46 especially.

  27. #27mcdon2026-06-21 14:49

    sorry for your loss

  28. #28kshansen2026-06-21 18:23

    As someone who lost both parents and both my wives(not at the same time!)who lost both parents I know know how bad it it can be. Sorry for your loss!