Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

More JDE Pics

joedirt ยท 2007-12-26 17:52

Here is our old JD 992 digging under water. We were working in a mining operation trying to remove the overburden to retrieve some "spec sand". We rented this wheel tractor to begin the stripping. We originally had 2 scrapers on the tractor but quickly burried the machine. The blow sand was just to soft. The owner of the job told us we would hit water around the 9 foot mark. I was thinking yeh right, in the middle of the AZ reservation were going to hit water? Thank goodness we did. The water was at a depth of only 5 feet. All in all the tractor worked out real good. It was the first time we had ever tried one of these farm tractors to move dirt.

Replies11
  1. #1DuraMaxMan662007-12-26 19:03

    Local company owns a bunch of those same new articulated Case tractors for their jobs needing a pull pan..

  2. #2CascadeScaper2007-12-26 23:38

    I love those old 992's, an outfit back home had a 992DLC a few years back. It was equipped with a huge bucket and a nice link thumb, I watched them demo a motel with it about 10 years ago.

  3. #3Dozerboy2007-12-27 20:47

    One of the first hoes I ran was a 992. It was tuned way up and had a piggy back counter balance on it. That thing would move some dirt, but it was a sloppy SOB.

  4. #4joedirt2007-12-27 20:56

    Dozer Boy, I guess I'm not familiar with the term "piggy back counter balance". What is it?

  5. #5CascadeScaper2007-12-28 03:24

    I'm assuming DB means it had an additional counterweight to compliment the standard weight. If you give a machine a little more juice, might as well give it the ability to handle the weight once it has the load in the air.

  6. #6joedirt2007-12-28 11:09

    Thanks Cascade. That makes sense.

  7. #7bobcat ron2007-12-28 13:00

    Must be nice working in water like that, you'll never have to shovel out the mud packed in the U/C's!

  8. #8Dozerboy2007-12-29 17:03

    Ya Cascade thats what I ment.

  9. #9bolt thrower2007-12-31 21:31

    cool pics

  10. #10thejdman042008-01-03 18:02

    nice pics

  11. #11pushkid842008-02-23 03:22

    cool pics that was acool job isthat thing going to kick upagain:usa