I am a loader operator in a quarry and here are a few pics of our equipment. They were taken with a cell phone so quality is not the best. These pictures include: (All JD Equipment) 1999 624H 2007 844J 2007 644J 2003 824J Pictures around the pit, stockpiling, etc.
more
one last shot of the 844. That thing is sweet
Nice pics :drinkup
Love that 844! You don't see many big Deere loaders around here, most everyone runs Cat. I'm a big Cat fan but I see absolutely nothing wrong with Deere loaders, they're just as good IMO.
nice pics, i had a chance to run a 544 j a couple of weeks ago. i was very pleased with the machine, very good visibility, and well balanced. i thought it lacked in power though. but deftinley a nice machine. Jordan
I agree with you on that. I normally run the smaller JD loaders and I ran cat loaders in the same range and I didn't see what the big fuss was. JD's look real nice, ride awesome, and has decent power. I must say tho, I would love to try a 980/988
JD make good loaders never seen a 844 before nice.
I've been in a 988B a few time, it's a HOSS of a machine. The local pit back home has one, I think it's a mid 80's machine. Definately huge. I want to try something newer, the tranny was on it's way out the last time I ran it, you'd flip the shuttle to change directions and you'd wait about 5 or 6 seconds before it would actually do anything. Hahaha. That and the brakes never worked correctly, stomp on the pedal and hope you stop.
I know of a few large quarry outfits in Wisconsin that have been going to the J series loaders in their pits now, using the 844s as feeders. So far the word has been flawless machines, compared to the CATS. Not that the cat is a bad machine just the JD is catching up in the heavy equipment end. How do you like running the 844 or how does the operator who runs it like it? I've been in a few 724J's and very nice to run all day long. Trbo
Hello, I'm new here, names Eric. Cool stuff you got there. Happy loading.
The 844 was a beautiful machine to run. Extremely good visibility for the size, lots of power, very smooth and still quick when traveling around. It also looks sweet too, which is just icing on the cake. First time ever using joystick steering was in that loader, and that was the coolest thing I ever used. I wish the smaller loaders had that too. Welcome to the forum Eric
Interesting looking rock formation and strata, where is the quarry located?
pic from work great pics. maybe i need new glasses but i wish i could take pics that good with anything much less my cell phone.
Welcome to the forums. I'm new here, too. I see you are from Silver City N.M. I've been through there, a couple of times... I took a flatbed from I-25 across NM 152, late one night. Having done it, I would do it again, but I would not do it in the day time. Traffic cannot see your headlights, in the daytime.