Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

More New Tractors

jgivens ยท 2009-07-18 23:23

We had to add a few more to the fleet for a large project that started Thursday 7/16/09 in Clarksville Tn. All our other tractors are currently moving dirt on other projects so the expansion was a must. The first 8 tractors will continue moving dirt until we free up 4 more tractors to go help out. This should be interesting!! Any questions just shoot. sorry the dates wrong my camera kept going dead

Replies21
  1. #1aglasergps2009-07-19 06:29

    Good to see the Trimble GPS on the little dozer....................where's the GPS on the scrapers?

  2. #2ronnie2009-07-19 10:15

    how does the oper. of the komatsu dozer lke the new look myself i love it and they are balanced real go also is that a 39 or 51

  3. #39420pullpan2009-07-19 11:25

    having a motor grader running with those pans is the best thing, it can rip hit the piles...best support machine with those tractor pans. wish myers would have caught on to that when i was running them. nice fleet

  4. #4jgivens2009-07-19 18:46

    We currently have GPS on 4 tractors here's some pics of the TopCon I didn't take any of the Trimble sorry

  5. #5jgivens2009-07-19 18:49

    They're D51s we like em so far but not as good as our 700H Deeres

  6. #6jgivens2009-07-19 18:54

    This is pretty rare for us 2 usually we maintain our own roads with an ejector pan but with the size of the job and time limit we can't have a haul unit dragging roads much. The Grader will be a big help, we also have a new grader box to use on the haul roads and in the fill if need be check it out.

  7. #7aglasergps2009-07-19 19:40

    I thought I'd go fishing and see if that'd get a response - when it comes to GNSS I'm fairly one-eyed for what I think are good reasons. I have a mate with 3 Topcon systems (with both ag and civil software) and he has issues with smooth final trim grading where we don't have any trouble with the new Trimble GNSS 3-D ag systems we run on my scrapers here. Where would you be without it though?

  8. #8JimBruce422009-07-19 20:37

    Nice pics, how you guys like the new 9x30's series tractors? Looks like you use carryall scrapers over ejectors, how come?

  9. #9jgivens2009-07-19 21:09

    aglasergps- I couldn't make it without GPS! Stakes get run over and shoot I just don't like em!!! The TopCon does really slick finish work! I get it down really close manually then hit the auto button and let it do the work. We like it! JimB- the new 95 and 9630s are nice machines they will literally run circles around the 9520s. We have both ejector and carryalls but the ejectors do the best with the GPS on them at least in our opinion. here's some of our ejectors 1812s in first 2 pics 1814 in the second and then some 17yd Nobles we have

  10. #10jgivens2009-07-19 21:14

    Glad you all like my stuff. I don't get much response on the other forum i visit!

  11. #11N.CarolinaDozer2009-07-19 21:16

    whatcha building?

  12. #12JimBruce422009-07-19 21:34

    jgivens, Thats cool to hear, I like the ejector type as well, we have 1810 and 2112's. My only complaint really is that the grease fittings are set up sort of hard to get to, especially the ones under the spill guards where you have that little hole to get teh gun in and maybe get it on teh grease fitting. It would be nice to see JD set up a remote grease bank for some of those "hard to reach" fittings, but what do I know? LOL. Thanks again for the photos!:usa

  13. #13jgivens2009-07-19 21:39

    A marina on the Cumberland River, we have to move a million yds of dirt by November. Should be fun!

  14. #14N.CarolinaDozer2009-07-19 21:44

    wow I'd like to see it when it gets filled with water.

  15. #15Tigerotor77W2009-07-19 23:18

    Why not?

  16. #16srundell H619G2009-07-20 12:56

    jgivens I am work for Humdinger Equipment and I saw that you had a couple of Noble 417's in your fleet I was just wondering what company you are with. We support those machines with parts and service. www.humdingerequipment.com

  17. #17jgivens2009-07-20 21:44

    we just hope it don't fill up while we're digging it!

  18. #18jgivens2009-07-20 21:55

    Tigerotor- All I know is what the operators are saying. "Those dozers sure don't have anything on a 700" I didn't ask any specifics but I think power was the main thing . srundell- thanks I'll save the link. I know we do get our parts from Hundinger for them.

  19. #19MrElectric032009-07-20 21:57

    I get alot of positive feedback about the Komatsu dozers. The typical response we get about them are that they are very powerfull, confortable, and most of all the field of vision is far better than other dozers in comparable size.

  20. #20ronnie2009-07-21 23:06

    very true i bee no a d39 with the conventionl nose for 5 yrs and got the chance to try the new style afew months back every thing is in your hands you don't have to ever turn loose of the controls unless you need to light a smoke i operated the 750c lgp deere and loved the hydrostat setup but have never tried the new j/d buthte new komatsu wit hthe slope nose is great i never had a problem with power but i been on dozers know for 20 yrs and anything beats what i started on after that long everthing is a turd and all i do is polish them and i pride myself on how i polish them and the machine i polish them with and komatsu builds the best turd polisher i been on on along time:notworthy

  21. #21ronnie2009-07-21 23:31

    i've never had a gps on a machine will they work sideways the reason i ask is becuase if they do your opertor is waistin alot of time goin up and down that slope cuokdld be worked twice as fast sideways not tryin to tell anybody ther job but that's:beatsme a what 4;1 maybe a 3:1 if my eyes are'nt bad(i do slopes and pads everyday he should be singing a song to his self and haulin azz sideways