I've got this 666B back together from replacing the clutch now I am trying to get the brakes working. I need to know what fluid to put in the brakes and the hydraulic cluch master cylinders. I have seen some things say brake fluid and some things say hydraulic oil. Does any one know for sure?
You`re talking about the Cat 666B scraper? If so youcan go to this page: http://safety.cat.com/Product were you can search for maintenance excerpts. Just choose on the left column your machine
Obviously, you will have answered this question for yourself by now, but for the sake of those who may come to this thread for an answer, the following. My WABCO 666 operators manual calls for Lockheed 21 for the master cylinders. This is a old spec. for a heavy duty BRAKE FLUID. The hydraulic system for this machine originally required auto transmission fluid. This is NOT what should be put in the master cylinders.