Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Morooka Final Drive help

Fendtlad ยท 2024-09-27 04:36

Hey Guys, I have a bit of a curly one. We are in New Zealand and us kiwis seem to love chopping and changing stuff. We have this machine which was originally a Morooka dumper. People before our time have chopped and changed it around to be a low to the ground machine used for spreading fertiliser under kiwifruit vines I believe the have kept the chassis and drives etc. The issue I have is the nut that holds the output shaft of the final drive on came off internally and the sprocket and shaft came out. I have stripped the final drive to rebuild it but I there is no name plate for the final drive so I don't have any info on it to know how much to preload the bearings. From looking on the internet I'm leaning towards it being a MST-600. Only because the manual I found for these machines shows that the MST-600 runs the Mitsubishi 4D31 engine and the rest have different engines. I can confirm we have the 4D31 engine in ours. A lot of the photos in the web show the hydraulic motor incorporated into the final drive where as ours has a seperate motor splined into the back of the final drive. The motor is held on with 4x bolts on the back with the spline going into the final drive. If anyone has any knowledge on these thing that would be much appreciated. I can get photos as well. TIA

Replies9
  1. #1Nige2024-09-27 05:29

    I would suggest to contact these guys and have plenty of photos to show them.......... Lanway Tractor Company - Home

  2. #2Tones2024-09-27 21:06

    I guess you're in the Bay of Plenty area then Travel Motors Direct just down the road from Mt Manganui would be a great help for you. Can recommend.

  3. #3Kobe Steel2024-09-27 23:07

    there are also similar track dumper units like the LD1000 which had Rexroth plug in hydraulic motors. These were mounted at the back of the machine while some of the Marooka units had Kawasaki travel motors mounted at the cab end.

  4. #4lantraxco2025-05-08 23:44

    Were you able to get what you needed Fendtlad? Here is the old style 600 planetary: PR23JD parts pages

  5. #5Fendtlad2025-05-11 19:15

    Hey Lantraxco, Thank you for your help. at the time we had no information so we put it back together with new bearings. It has only now just done the same thing. I the nut breaks the locking tabs and comes undone. Do you know what the torque setting would be for the nut?

  6. #6lantraxco2025-05-11 19:40

    Still don't know what you have there, the old Daikin drives didn't have a nut, for the 600 just a retaining ring. If it were a very early 600VD it would have had the 4D31 and KYB two speed drives, MAG63VP which may have some kind of nut, pictures would help tremendously. Even a track size or sprocket tooth and bolt count would be clues. One caveat though, the Japannes are famously stingy with service information on these drives in my experience, not sure why.

  7. #7Fendtlad2025-05-14 16:33

    Hope you can Identify from these photos. The photo of the serial plate is of the bolt on hydraulic motor.

  8. #8Tones2025-05-14 17:30

    Have you tried these fellas, they may be able to help. Google Search

  9. #9lantraxco2025-05-14 18:45

    Definitely NOT oem Morooka, but the motor IS, original Daikin/Morooka 600. My best guess would be an old HECO of some kind, but could be just about anything somebody kludged in there at some point. If it is HECO they do make a special nut to help prevent exactly this failure. Have you tried googling all those casting numbers, like on the motor adapter casting?