First off, Thanks for letting me join This engine is in a trencher, had been sitting up for a year at least. Some one attempted to fix before me, engine would not start he removed Injection pumps and reinstalled wrong resulting in a bent control rod which I found by getting engine to start and it proceeded to run away!! I cut the fuel line. But it got my attention!! After getting myself back together I realized the control rod was bent so replaced it and timing belt (yes I purchased timing tools) restarted engine for it to run away again, my fault this time injection pump pins in the wrong slot in control rod,,R&R pumps again making sure I had the right slot,, started engine and now all it does is idle. I have run engine at idle looking in the hole where fuel cutoff solenoid installs, can see slot in control rod which is sliding towards the front of machine all the way.(Full Throttle?) With engine idling I can see governor pushing on control rack and it has a little hunt to the idle that I can stop by holding the throttle linkage. I have Changed FF, cleaned screen in lift pump and pumped into a bottle (has good flow) but I can't find any specs. if it supposed to have any psi Any advise would be greatly appreciated and I hope I answered most questions but please feel free to ask Thanks Wingrider1800
Yes it is supposed to have pressure. Most people put on an electric supply pump.. 10-12 psi seems to work well..
Thanks for the reply pump guy I will check that There is a question I forgot to ask, why are the hold down holes in these pumps slotted? I marked them so I could put back in same position but haven't found any info on how to use slot or adjust, I did see where someone said to synchronize but no procedure listed
For equal fuel delivery between cylinders.. There is a VERY SHALLOW LINE on the block and the pumps that u line up..
UPDATE: Thanks for the reply pumpguy Checked lift pump psi it's 12psi I started machine still idles,, but I can take a pick and grab the end of fuel control rack through electric shutoff hole in front cover and increase rpm (can see governor pushing CR back to idle) but turning the throttle control lever onside of cover it fells if it is hitting the high speed stop that has not been tampered with I seem to have a lot of play between 2 pieces (cover off on table) with red circle and seem to be hitting high speed stop in blue circle,, Would the new rack call for readjustment of high speed stop?? I must be missing something
Do u have the rebuild manual.? There are pre-sets..