Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What buckets will work with Case?

Mrkemp ยท 2011-06-15 12:12

I have a Case 580D Extendahoe and need a trenching bucket. I've been looking on Craigslist. Are buckets interchangeable? Can I use a Cat or John Deere Bucket?

Replies5
  1. #1nilzlofgren2011-06-15 20:46

    You can only use Case buckets, unless you convert to a Quick coupler type setup. The front pin on the bucket is about 10.5 inches in width, and the rear pin is about 5.25 inches in width. The distance from the center of the front pin to the center of the back pin, is about 14.5 inches.

  2. #2nilzlofgren2011-06-15 20:54

    You can only use Case buckets, unless you convert to a Quick coupler type setup. The front pin on the bucket is about 10.5 inches in width, and the rear pin is about 5.25 inches in width. The distance from the center of the front pin to the center of the back pin, is about 14.5 inches.

  3. #3DGODGR2011-06-15 22:31

    Many, many moons ago, I demoed a Deere 310C. The company I was working for at the time did not have any Deere backhoes but they had dozens of Cases. The machine came from the dealer with no bucket. We got one from the yard (a 12" bucket) and it fit right on there. It was a Case 12" bucket.

  4. #4d2r2011-06-19 23:53

    On a similar note, I just picked up a heavy-duty bottom trip snow blade looking to fab up a mount for my 73 580. Anybody know anyone who's done something like this?

  5. #5nilzlofgren2011-06-21 20:06

    Try www.grouser.com