Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Mounting Warning Lights (Case 580K)

Bartlanz ยท 2009-10-16 22:12

Ok, so I have a Case 580K, I am looking to mount 2 beacons on the roof of it. My case has the plastic roof cover, and the beacons are Whelen Guardians in LED... What I am wondering is how have you guys mounted lights on your back hoes... Pictures or Ideas would be great. FYI I did see about getting the mounting plate from my local Case dealer, they said its not longer available.

Replies5
  1. #1dsichewski2009-10-16 22:20

    I know its a case machine, But I worked for cat and we had many a machines that had plastic roofs and we attached a round metal plat approx 6-8" in diameter with 3 regular screws and then the beacon light attached to the plate by magnetic....never had any problems with them coming off as it is a strong magnet! Good luck

  2. #2troyharnish2010-11-01 15:40

    I have used a round circle of metal, and it works like a dream. Also handy when you drive under a low hanging branch, and it knocks the light off rather than rip it to shreds... Just saying...

  3. #3Komatsu 1502010-11-01 19:28

    I've used the Cat plate, works perfectly. I've also just fiberglassed a steel plate under a plastic roof and it works fine, the magnets are pretty strong. I use a coil cord and it's nice when we get under trees to just pull it off and stick it to the hood temporarily.

  4. #4Dinale Precast2010-11-02 03:52

    Just silicone a piece of plate to the roof. No holes to worry about.

  5. #5tloft2010-11-02 09:17

    Bartlanz, this page looks like it covers all the Whelen install manuals. http://www.whelen.com/install/manuals/lightbars.html