Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Moving 955k

Red Bank ยท 2008-10-20 19:17

I got a 955k last week and was wondering can I pull this on a 20 ton trailer behind my tandem Mack dump truck? If so any recommendations on a trailer?

Replies7
  1. #1CAT D9H2008-10-20 22:14

    A 20 ton trailer would be plenty , as long as it has brakes that will work with the truck you are pulling it with

  2. #2rino14942008-10-21 05:57

    You better check, but I am pretty sure that you will be over your height requirements. We have a 955K and I would never think about hauling it on our 20 ton tag.

  3. #3Tri-Star2008-10-21 18:22

    Yeah a 20ton tag will handle it no problem! And as far as Height, unless North Carolina is different than TN that shouldnt be a problem. I have a buddy that pulls his 6R and 963 on a 25 ton tag all the time.

  4. #4swampdog2008-11-03 16:37

    I used to have two 955K traxcavators. One had the factory cab with ROPS. The other had an open forestry type ROPS. I pulled them behind my Mack with a 300 plus engine on a Linden tilt bed pintle hitch trailer. The trailer had air brakes. It only took a minute or two to load or unload; the tilt bed trailer made it simple. Being a crawler, the loader was solid on the trailer and never moved. I did throw a chain and load binder on each side, tied to the track front and back and through tie down loops on the side of the trailer. Over height was not a problem since the trailer had smaller wheels (less height) than most highway trailers. But check your total height to make sure. If I remember correctly, the 955s weigh a little over 15 tons. So a 20 ton trailer should work well.

  5. #5Red Bank2008-11-03 21:00

    Thanks, mine has the full ROPS, it looks like you could roll it over end over end and not hurt it. Don't really want to try that Someone posted in the track loader section that it weighs 32000lbs. I just wanted to know what to look for in a used trailer.

  6. #6AJsOffroad2008-11-30 11:10

    We tow our 955k on our tilt bed tag trailer with no problems.:usa

  7. #7dirt digger2008-11-30 11:35

    lowboy is how we move our 55L....it could be done on a tag...its just a comfort thing